Votes: 13 13.4%
  • Haven't decided yet

Votes: 5 5.2%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on filling all 5 of my doe tags. How many do you guys plan on shooting?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hrmmm......

How about an option for 5+? That's where I'm at.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The area I am hunting here in Ohio requires you to shoot two does and check them in before you can shoot a buck. Needless to say, there are several 180" class deer running around.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
It always depends on many factors that unfold, but my basic plan is to harvest 1 doe and 1 buck. If for some reason I don't get a chance on a nice buck, I may take 2 does.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
I'll take two out, probably late firearm season. I'll donate one of them.

·
Banned
19,596 Posts
3 would be perfect, I'll probably end up with only two.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Between my 1 doe tag (zone 2) and damage permits I have available I plan on taking 3. One or possibly two will be donated to a needy friend. That's the plan anyway...

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Ive got 4 antlerless tags. Plan on filling them all. Maybe an addition doe with my combo tag during archery.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Six or seven, all 5 of my antlerless tags plus at least one if not both of my combo tags with archery equipment.

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
You definitely need the option for 5+.....with unlimited Public Land Permits available.
Unlimited - LOL!:lol: At least until quota is met - which for most DMUs the quota is met via lotto. DMU059 with one of the highest deer densities in the state (74DPSM), and 7 seperate tracts of SGA land, had only 1400 public land tags available. After the lotto there were only 282 left. I can't check the status online at the moment, but I suspect that those 282 are LOOOONG GONE. Point being - Technically the limit per hunter is unlimited, but I would suspect that the number of hunters in MI with more than 2 public land tags can probably be counted on one hand. Far Far from unlimited.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Unlimited - LOL!:lol: At least until quota is met - which for most DMUs the quota is met via lotto. DMU059 with one of the highest deer densities in the state (74DPSM), and 7 seperate tracts of SGA land, had only 1400 public land tags available. After the lotto there were only 282 left. I can't check the status online at the moment, but I suspect that those 282 are LOOOONG GONE. Point being - Technically the limit per hunter is unlimited, but I would suspect that the number of hunters in MI with more than 2 public land tags can probably be counted on one hand. Far Far from unlimited.

There are still thousands of Public Tags left.....and I have sold more than 2 to a couple hundred people so far.

·
Banned
489 Posts
Between my wife and I, 4 for sure, then she shoots whatever buck(s) she wants and I hunt only the big boys. Does are just as fun to shoot:)

·
Registered
400 Posts
I will try to take two or three myself. As a group, we usually take 10-12 does off of our 40 acres each year.. It doesn't even seem to effect the ratio..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts