Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently been in an argument with a friend on whether one hunter can take more than one deer per day.....

Growing up, I was always led to believe that regardless of what regular or doe permits you have, you can not take more than one per day....

After a debate with a friend who believed otherwise.....I searched the DNR website, to no avail.....

So...did the ol' timers teach me what was perhaps an old law? Does any law exist? If so, what is that law? Have I lost my mind? :p

Thanks in advance for any information, boehr!

·
Registered
685 Posts
In Michigan you can legally take any number of deer per day as long as you have legal tags for them.

Some states have a bag limit of one per day but Michigan is not one of them.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mutt!

·
Registered
161 Posts
i know that last year you could only kill one doe a day but it didnt affect the buck kill
i can not find my regs right now so i am not sure it is the same way

G

·
0 Posts
I believe in years past you could only buy 1 doe permit a day. So if you started on October 1 and bought 1 everyday in october that would give you 31 doe permits. That would alow you to shoot 31 does plus 2 bucks (providing you got the combo license) in one day.

I would be happy with one.

·
Registered
685 Posts
The "one a day" is for purchasing antlerless permits not bag limits. If you have the permits you can fill whatever you like in a day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts