Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,448 Posts
Speaking with my buddy the other night, He told me it's getting a little weak! He's been fishing out off the Clinton river. Be careful! Take your ICE AWLS!

·
Administrator
27,222 Posts
The snow on land will melt faster than the ice on the lake. The bare earth warms alot faster than water.

Will be good fishing for at least 3 weeks unless it get to 50 degrees everyday.

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Fair Haven is rock solid and holding,,,we just moved 2 shanties yesterday and the 18' chainsaw did not make it in some spots!,,,drove by just a few mins ago and we still have snow on a lot of the ice

·
Super Moderator
37,806 Posts
Raining pretty god here right now. I heard most of the shelf ice is gone on the tribs. I'll be out one way or another this weekend.:D

·
Registered
505 Posts
I was outa Fair Haven a mile this morning.....theres 12 inches of ice, and about 10 inches of it is rock solid. The top is starting to get soft though....and will get worse real fast the next two days. I got pretty wet while driving back and forth on my trike looking for my lost spear handle......the fast snowmobiles were throwing roostertails....and my spud went in 3 inches on one throw....

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
I'll be out one way or another this weekend.
hmm,,now I wounder what he means by that?,,,I am getting jealouse if I read you right!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Me and my son left Metro Beach area at 7:00 PM tonight raining quite hard and a lot of water on the ice. Temps falling overnight will make a very slipery surface, ice is still 14" thich and very solid. Only manged to get one nice 11" perch. Verry Deliccious!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts