Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
It would certainly be nice to see some type of brown trout stocking program in the southern basin again. I have talked to guys from St. Joe, South Haven and Muskegon and that seems to be the general consensus. People would like to see more coho stockings to. Of course, I would like to see that as well. Sadly, I highly doubt we will ever see browns stocked down here ever again as pier and shore fishermen are to small of a group and voice. Today when you catch a brown it draws a crowd. Seems everyone has to see it. You would think someone said a guy just caught a Ceolacanth. Seriously.

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
While the app is a great way to record your catch, far to many people are reluctant or just plain not interested in reporting their catch. The month of March is completely left out by the state. To be honest our man Brian (great guy) can only do so much and can't possibly cover it all. Perhaps a team of trained volunteers would be able to give the state a better idea of what is happening. Definitely would be on board with that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts