Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on buying a dozen Big Foots soon and was wondering if they will fit in any of the full body decoy bags that are available. I already have one of those 32x60 mesh decoy bags, but wanted something more compact since the big mesh bag is a pain to carry around.

Besides storing them full time in a trailer, what other methods do you guys haul them around in?

·
Registered
11,109 Posts
Before we got FFDs we ran big foots without the flocked heads. In all honesty we just tossed em in the trailor. IMO they are extremely durable and any scuffs they received bouncin in the back of the trailor added detail. LOL

If we were taking a ton out a long ways in the field. We used any long pole we could get our hands on, pole pruners, PVC etc. Strung it through their legs and each guy could carry two poles of decoys.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Before we got FFDs we ran big foots without the flocked heads. In all honesty we just tossed em in the trailor. IMO they are extremely durable and any scuffs they received bouncin in the back of the trailor added detail. LOL

If we were taking a ton out a long ways in the field. We used any long pole we could get our hands on, pole pruners, PVC etc. Strung it through their legs and each guy could carry two poles of decoys.
:yeahthat: The few we still use hand fromt he ceiling of the trailer on the pole. Keeps the flocked heads nice that way.

·
Registered
721 Posts
They fit in the slotted decoy bags, just not with the feet attached. You can fit 4 per bag then thread the feet on the shoulder straps. We really don't use them that much anymore either since we upgraded to FFD's.

But back when we ran all bigfoots, we made up a bunch of "bandoliers" out of 1/4" nylon rope. Basicallly they were about 3' lengths of rope with loops spliced in each end, then we'd duct tape three of them together in the middle so that each "bandolier" would carry 6 bigfoots (put the loops over the necks on the decoys). For short walks you could carry 12 decoys per guy, longer ones might only carry 6. The nylon didn't seem to hurt the flocking any either.

It worked pretty well actually, but gotta admit the bags are much easier to deal with.

·
Registered
147 Posts
We use 2 of the big "2 person" decoy bags from cabelas, we take the legs off and can pack about 12 per bag especially if you take the heads off the uprights. then for the feet we take a piece of rope aobut 6 feet long and tie a loop in one end then we "thread the needle" so to speak and put all our feet on the rope (I have 27) it takes a few minutes longer to set up and take down but we can haul a lot more in and out of a field that way. also if you are hunting a long way from the truck we use the jet sleds for ice fishing to haul them out. but i think i am going to buy a new bundle of rope and try 1fishes idea too! hey 1fish how did you haul the uprights with that system? my heads come off kinda easy. did you permanatly attach them? anyway just my 2 cents -Quack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts