Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

How do you hunt? How long have you hunted?

• I am a field stalker

Votes: 22 13.1%
  • I am a morning hunter

Votes: 115 68.5%
  • I am an all day hunter

Votes: 105 62.5%
  • I hunt from my ground blind

Votes: 98 58.3%
  • I hunt from my treestand

Votes: 141 83.9%
  • I still hunt the woods

Votes: 65 38.7%
  • I am a bow hunter

Votes: 146 86.9%
  • I am a gun hunter

Votes: 138 82.1%
  • I am a muzzleloader hunter

Votes: 109 64.9%
  • I hunt from my shooting shack

Votes: 47 28.0%
  • I am a doe killer

Votes: 137 81.5%
  • I am a buck killer

Votes: 147 87.5%
  • I am an evening hunter

Votes: 116 69.0%
  • I have hunted 0-5 years

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • I have hunted 6-10 years

Votes: 27 16.1%
  • I have hunted 10-20 years

Votes: 46 27.4%
  • I have hunted 20-30 years

Votes: 47 28.0%
  • I have hunted 30-40 years

Votes: 39 23.2%
  • I have hunted for over 50 years

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I will not hunt this year

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Which is your style? You can do multiple picks....Plus how long have you hunted for? I Think I have finally had enough of the CWD thing. Need to get in hunting mode...maybe this will be cool

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well, I checked damn near every box... I spend a lot of time in the field and try many different tactics. My gramps used to stalk hunt only very successfully, it's something I've been trying more and more the past few years with zero luck.:eek: That whole "watch a lot, walk a little" thing I just can't get down.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
:lol:I had to check quite a few also. I hunt untill the frezzer has enough meat to last me untill next deer season. We eat 2 a year. sometimes my hunting is over in the wink of an eye, sometimes not. sometimes AI will spend most after just one buck that i have seen and sometimes not.

Hunting keeps me grounded on the planet I live.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont have the still hunting down either......I can stalk a corn field pretty good but havent had much luck with the big woods ol' school still hunting.

·
Premium Member
4,958 Posts
Who's the old fart that's been hunting 50 years:yikes::lol:

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
i love bow season and my muzzle loader i gun hunt on the ground. no need to be in a tree. my hunting style is find transition points and post up lol:lol:

·
Registered
250 Posts
I used to hunt just to get some meat in the freezer. This year I've recommited my self to hunting. i've been pounding the state land looking for spots. found quite a few. this year is going to be great cuz of all the work I've put in. i'm only hunting my property about twice. hopefully i get my doe early and i can wait for a nice 2.5+ buck hopefully on state land!! MAN I CAN'T WAIT:D

·
Registered
254 Posts
When I go hunting I'm out all day long or if I have to drag a deer out , from sunup to sundown.
I like to track and stalk but every now and then I'll sit up in a tree or a ground blind.

·
Premium Member
6,347 Posts
I checked 13 boxes
There's no box for 40 to 50 years.:lol:
43 years archery hunting

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Every box except stalking fields. The fields are private land where I hunt.........but I hunt the land and woods adjacent to em'!

·
Registered
547 Posts
I checked quite a few boxes myself. But I too just can't seem to get the stalking down. I like treestand hunting I can sit there a long time. But for the life of me I can't make myself slow down enough during stalks. And I guess I'm starting to push on that old fart comment too. I've been in the deer woods since 1972 minus four years I was in the air force and couldn't hunt.

By the way, Congrats to the one who did check the over 50 years box. I hope I can check that box one day myself.

·
Premium Member
5,604 Posts
36 years and 13 boxes. A willingness to adapt your tactics to the situation is often the difference maker between success and failure.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've been hunting 33 years and 25 deer have meet there demise because of me. Also Bear, turkey, ducks, geese, rabbit, etc.... fear me too.:evilsmile I also hope to check that 50+ box someday.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Same as Skibum, 36yrs and 13 boxes. Not much stalking anymore.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
legs won't let me stalk any more or climb trees so I stick to a custom made shack made for me by my pards. love to bowhunt and have for years but have to wait until I'm too crippled or dead to get my xbow permit. last year trespasser from state land destroyed my new blind specially designed for my disabilities-hope he stays away this year so I can at least hunt a few days. the best of luck to all of you! remember no matter how you hunt, quiet and still are the words to take with you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not many people falling in that 0-5 years mark on the poll. As outdoorman we need to continue to motivate our younger generation and new comers alike. It is on our shoulders to keep the great way of life alive.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
i love bow season and my muzzle loader i gun hunt on the ground. no need to be in a tree. my hunting style is find transition points and post up lol:lol:
hey spooled....are you all set on arrows and broadheads? i sent you an email and posted in your thread about some carbon arrows and muzzy 125's i have for ya if you still needed them.

SORRY....no need to hijack this thread.....i checked a few boxes. i am down to (4)-1.5 lb packs of venison burger....Sept. 18th can't get here soon enough!!!!!!!

MMMMMM......MMMMMMM.......MMM.....fresh backstraps on the grill.......:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts