Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,269 Posts
At the top right under the fish there is something that says campfire. Click on that and create a screen name.... the one you have here will work fine and a password and you should be good to go.

·
Super Moderator
7,371 Posts
Just tried it and it worked for me. One possibility is that if you have your browser options set at high for privacy and security, the "jabberchat" or whatever the software driving the campfire is called, may not launch.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
The more aggressive pop-up blockers may block it too. /me wonders when MS will copy that feature from Mozilla and put it in IE...

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Originally posted by Lunker
You must use the secret code. :D
You mean Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start? (Scary that I can still remember the 30-life code from Contra on the original NES... haven't played it for at least 15 years!)

BTW, I *love* the last line of your sig! :D

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Originally posted by Ruler
/me wonders when MS will copy that feature from Mozilla and put it in IE...
According to a friend of mine in the IT biz, it's in the newer version they're working on now. Sorry, don't have a version number or release date yet. Here's a story on it:
IE and pop-up blocker

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Originally posted by Ron L
According to a friend of mine in the IT biz, it's in the newer version they're working on now. Sorry, don't have a version number or release date yet. Here's a story on it:
IE and pop-up blocker
'Bout time they got around to ripping that off! Mozilla's only had it for what, 3 years or so? Yeah, open-source software really stifles innovation (at least according to M$). ;)

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
last i heard, MS decided to drop the pop up blocker from their next installment of unsecrure, buggy garbage... I mean IE, well.... any MS product really.

steve

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok i got on from work......
doesnt work at home, i use ie 6.0 and i noticed you needed 5. something. :confused:
anyhow, must be my home browser.
thanks

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Go to mozilla.org and download the latest stable build for win32. (1.5 as of now.) Install it and you should be all set. (Probably either some obscure security setting with IE or a problem with the browser itself.) The two can co-exist on the same system with no problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts