Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18,283 Posts
Distance probably.
Angle of the dangle too.
A 100 foot cord and a couple junction boxes might reach. (Might.)

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Awww, come on guys, it's so simple maybe you need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings nowadays.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
In Lightning electricity travels miles across the sky. How come, if I want a little electricity to travel 8 feet from the plug to the Christmas lights it takes 14 extension cords and 3 trips to the hardware?
I think someone within this thread missed that you were making a joke. I liked it and laughed out loud.

·
Premium Member
28,194 Posts
Volts are cute but amps get **** done.
Depends on what you're trying to get done.

If what you're trying to get done is move power - volts are your friend and amps are your enemy.

...but in the end - they are largely interchangeable in most situations, what with power being their product.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Depends on what you're trying to get done.

If what you're trying to get done is move power - volts are your friend and amps are your enemy.

...but in the end - they are largely interchangeable in most situations, what with power being their product.
Pee on a electric fence and then tell me how many volts versus amps there is. When I was young and had no sense I took a leak on a electric fence, it shocked my d#ck and shocked my b#lls and made me sh%t my coveralls. Seriously we used to pull a weed and touch the fence to see if it was on.

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
Pee on a electric fence and then tell me how many volts versus amps there is. When I was young and had no sense I took a leak on a electric fence, it shocked my d#ck and shocked my b#lls and made me sh%t my coveralls. Seriously we used to pull a weed and touch the fence to see if it was on.

·
Premium Member
28,194 Posts
Never peed on one, but I've bumped into a bunch. I still can't decide whether modern short shock ones are better or worse than old school transformer AC ones.

Car ignition coils are pretty bad also.

·
Premium Member
28,194 Posts
Never peed on one, but I've bumped into a bunch. I still can't decide whether modern short shock ones are better or worse than old school transformer AC ones.

Car ignition coils are pretty bad also.
...and for your intermediate range shock needs - I recommend oil furnace spark transformers.

·
Registered
17,419 Posts
Buddy's lab jumped over one once. Male lab. Didn't quite clear the fence. Top strand caught his wang and he pivoted down and his front paws hit the ground. Could not back up, could not go forward, and every time his paw touched his junk took the brunt of it.

Ever hunted with a dog that for the next nine years would not go near a fence? I have.

·
Registered
17,419 Posts
When touching the spark plug to the block on a small motor, and pulling the starter cord to look for a spark, be mindful where the hand holding the spark plug is resting. I wasn't sure if there was a spark but I was pretty sure there was juice getting to the plug...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts