Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone knows the conditions out there. Im thinking of going out later today if its not too bad and we don't get hit again with storms

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
All I can guess is that the water is wet.... ;). Beyond that go outand report back to us..

Sorry I heard no reports so I cannot help.

kinner

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wondering about after the T storms this morning if it got rough out.

·
Registered
899 Posts
just got back from brest bay waves are building 3 to 4s we saw a capsied bass boat right by the marinia, somebody was going to help them @ the marinia.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea no fishing today then. I wonder if it will settle down in the morning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was out that day and literally ran 40-60 miles roughly from the storms . Weather called for 30% chance . I checked the radar at the launch then the storms started popping up outta nowhere 20 minutes later after i was out 5 miles from the Elizabeth launch so i committed to running from the storms and 6 hours later i succedded . Really didn't matter though seeing as i was already soaked from running in a 18 foot bass boat . The 150 Merc kept me safe though and was able to outrun the storms . Storms looked pretty wicked at times . Worst day on the lake for me ever . I remember not thinking i was gonna outrun one round of storms and wishing i was working instead lol .. Ended up fishing my last 20 minutes because i had to leave by 2pm and got me a nice chunker LM .. Wasn't getting shut out .. Haven't been shut out since i was prolly 10 !

·
Premium Member
6,629 Posts
I was out that day and literally ran 40-60 miles roughly from the storms . Weather called for 30% chance . I checked the radar at the launch then the storms started popping up outta nowhere 20 minutes later after i was out 5 miles from the Elizabeth launch so i committed to running from the storms and 6 hours later i succedded . Really didn't matter though seeing as i was already soaked from running in a 18 foot bass boat . The 150 Merc kept me safe though and was able to outrun the storms . Storms looked pretty wicked at times . Worst day on the lake for me ever . I remember not thinking i was gonna outrun one round of storms and wishing i was working instead lol .. Ended up fishing my last 20 minutes because i had to leave by 2pm and got me a nice chunker LM .. Wasn't getting shut out .. Haven't been shut out since i was prolly 10 !

Was out my self and they sure did pop up fast stuck it out fishing around the mouth and all storms were to north and south, made the run to cananda only to turn back and fish the tc to play it safe. Pulled 1 eye in the short time "fishing". wow u ran 40-60 miles damn u musta ran past erie au and burned a tank of gas quite a adventure

1 - 8 of 8 Posts