Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been on the rivers within the last day or so?? I was up there this weekend and fished several of the rivers and alot of them were close to being blown out. Then on the discharge site it looks as if the rivers are even more blown out then before. If anyone has been out can you please report back to me what the water looks like. I will probably be back at it saturday because the rain looks as if it has stopped up there and it should be clear by this weekend.......thanks

Oh ya, hows the little M looking???

·
Registered
39 Posts
Big Manistee; On tue. poor visablity maybe 3-6ins.3 wheels on at the dam. Little M. a little high but with normal color. Good luck M.

·
Premium Member
9,775 Posts
The Little just made it back inside it's banks when I checked it yesterday on the way home. I expect the Big M will be spinning three wheels for some time after the water I saw way upstream. Skinny creeks have turned into large waters way up there and will be draining for some time.

·
Registered
706 Posts
The water on the Big M is just about what I'd call perfect. This isn't directed at any one person, but there is no reason to complain about high, colored-up water conditions.

Just because you can't sight fish doesn't mean you can't hook fish. You have to know the water intimately, so it pays to have done your homework. Usually, my better fishing days are during these kinds of water conditions.

I'll take dirty water over gin clear anyday...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agee these years when the water is high and dirty are my favorite times to fish. the fish are still there, they spawn unmolested by sightfishermen and if you know how to read the water will catch more fish then on a gin clear day. Besides its just plain frustrating trying to force feed fish that you see that are not going to eat.

·
Premium Member
9,775 Posts
I agree, high water there isn't all bad if you know the river. Actually the water is about where it should be or was years ago. When it reaches it's banks it can scatter the fish so the places you knew would hold fish in the past might not hold them know as they could be anywhere......even under foot. This gives everyone a good chance at them since no one can crowd the couple holes that would hold fish in the low water years.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im not looking for gin clear water or sight fishing. All I am looking for is water that doesn't resemble chocalate milk or isn't flowing outside it's base. Im leaving in a few hour to head back up...Thanks

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
(just thought that I bump this back up)

Just wonderin if anyone has hit any of the NW rivers this weekend? How are they doing, high, low, clear dirty?? Yeah the weekend is not over yet, but I figured that I would post this before the thought wondered outa my mind :)

Headed up to the in laws cabin tues afternoon and coming home thurs afternoon/evening. Wading somewhere tues, floating weds as long as possible then maybe fishing for a few hrs thurs.

If need be, send a PM.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts