Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see quite a few M-S members have added new puppies to their line up or house hold. How are they working out so far? My new puppy I am pleased with his field work but he has had a few problems blending in with the rest of the pack. He a really aggressive and smart pup but has had to learn the hard way because of it! I gave them all dog treats and I guess Hunter didn't like the color he got so he decided to take Jake's instead. Big mistake now he has a couple little holes in his ear to show for it but he learned he isn't the head dog of the pack. But being the new baby in the house he gets the most attention and the best sleeping spots.

Him and Abbey finally get along great and terrorize each other all day.

· Registered
13,998 Posts
Our setter pup Cooper is doing well. But it's been about 14 years since we had a puppy, and I forgot how much #@$% they get into. Had another unexpected trip to the vet in the past week when he had an allergic reaction to one of the normal vacination shots...about three hours after he started swelling up. The left side of his face looked like a prize fighter who lost :yikes: Poor little dude looked so bad I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

We only have the one dog right now, but he and the cat are already buds. Here's a pic from the last week, and one of him laying on the Mrs. on the kitchen floor. Gawd!!!

· Registered
2,009 Posts
I picked up my new Drahthaar yesterday, my first short-tailed dog. She is just going on 8 weeks and she is a real looker. I think she came home with a urinary tract infection as she pee's and then dribbles every 10 minutes or so. If I did not have dail up I would try to post a picture.

· Registered
6,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jim whats the whelping date of your pup? Mine was 1-30-07 I see now why Billy wasn't a three-peat Mi. Woodcock Ch. he didn't have any energy left after breeding at least three different females ( yours mine and Wallys) !

· Registered
411 Posts
Worm Dunker said:
Jim whats the whelping date of your pup? Mine was 1-30-07 I see now why Billy wasn't a three-peat Mi. Woodcock Ch. he didn't have any energy left after breeding at least three different females ( yours mine and Wallys) !
Our Billie was whelped 1-2-07 I think...or thereabouts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.