Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going on a charter on Lake Erie in two weeks. How are the walleyes biting? Lures/depths/locations, etc. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Originally posted by kroppe:
Going on a charter on Lake Erie in two weeks. How are the walleyes biting? Lures/depths/locations, etc. Thanks for any info.
Hope you have a good trip, but as you can guess that I'm not in the habit of giving my trade to other Capt.on the lake they should know the game if they are going to be in the business! Good Luck
Capt. Wayne Banycky www.lakeeriewalleyecharters.com

·
Registered
10,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fished Erie on Saturday from 7am - 1pm. Walleye action was hot and cold. Hot for a few fish, then they would shut off. We moved to another spot and it was hot then nothing. I got three 18-20 inchers, decent fish. Others in the boat got one or two keepers each. Weather was super overcast and breezy. We fished north of Put in Bay island in about 30 feet of water. Most fish were 15-25 feet down. Chartreuse or orange worm harnesses worked best. Also those double spinner things (Erie Deerie?) picked up a few perch. Some boats brought in limits of perch. The boats were thick, like I-75 northbound on a Friday evening in the summer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.