Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How have people been doin so far on Houghton? I am trying to decide wheather to fish houghton for gills and crappie tomarrow, or try higgins for perch. Last time i fished houghton not far from lymans and got a few gills and pike on tip ups. Where is there a good place to acess the cut? I will be walking so the closer the better.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fished houghton today from about 10:30 -2:30. I went 4/5 on pike on the tip up. Largest fish was only 23", but still a nice one. I was fishing about 200yrds out from the marina near the cut. Not to many panfish being caught at the time.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Was there yesterday out about a mi. from elks club. Three of us caught 12 pike in the afternoon, but no walleye. Ice measured 11.5" & 8-10" of snow. There was a motorhome with a covered sno-trailer parked on the ice by shore. It was so cold that steam was rising from my hole.

·
Registered
37 Posts
went up there jan 16 thru 19th fished sat ou by BEER TENT caught nothing then fished out by airport still nothing still had a good time will have to hit higgins the end of feb for smelt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts