Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

houghton lake this sat. who's gonna be there

2568 Views 42 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  scottyhoover
a few of us planning to hit houghton lake all day saturday 12/20/03 who's gonna be there hope to meet a few will be on channel 8. prolly south weed bed not sure depending where they are biting. cant wait to hit some ice for the first time this year!!!:D
a few of us planning to hit houghton lake all day saturday 12/20/03 who's gonna be there hope to meet a few will be on channel 8. prolly south weed bed not sure depending where they are biting. cant wait to hit some ice for the first time this year!!!:D
See more
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
I'm there, Blue Fish trap. M-S.com hat. Channel 8 see ya then.
I'm there, Blue Fish trap. M-S.com hat. Channel 8 see ya then.
See more
If Im not stuck here at work on saturday, I would be interrested in meeting you guys up there. I should know today if we are working or not.
If Im not stuck here at work on saturday, I would be interrested in meeting you guys up there. I should know today if we are working or not.
See more
Look for a old fish trap 2, with older fisherman, that will be me. I'll be on ch 8.
Look for a old fish trap 2, with older fisherman, that will be me. I'll be on ch 8.
See more
.... but i can't make it this weekend (12/20) but I'm still planning on being up there the weekend after Christmas (27th & 28th), Hope some of you will be back and we can "hook up"! (bad pun)

I'll be looking for the report from this weekend! Tight lines!

Anyone have any idea when someone's going to pick a date for the outing on HL?

HL outing poll link: http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54368
.... but i can't make it this weekend (12/20) but I'm still planning on being up there the weekend after Christmas (27th & 28th), Hope some of you will be back and we can "hook up"! (bad pun)

I'll be looking for the report from this weekend! Tight lines!

Anyone have any idea when someone's going to pick a date for the outing on HL?

HL outing poll link: http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54368
See more
I'd like to try and get up there this weekend. Where do you get bait (minnows)? Think the ice will be sledable (as in snowmobile)?
I'd like to try and get up there this weekend. Where do you get bait (minnows)? Think the ice will be sledable (as in snowmobile)?
See more
Where will you be? Saturday will be my first time out. Wasn't up last weekend, so I have no idea on the ice. I hope to get the quad out, if it is extra safe (I'm a chicken). On my side (Cut River area) it's a fair ways to walk. Do you leave from the boat launch site by the drug store? (Rite Aid?)
Where will you be? Saturday will be my first time out. Wasn't up last weekend, so I have no idea on the ice. I hope to get the quad out, if it is extra safe (I'm a chicken). On my side (Cut River area) it's a fair ways to walk. Do you leave from the boat launch site by the drug store? (Rite Aid?)
See more
speaking for myself, I'm just riding along with ozzgood2001 and do not know where the heck i'm fishing......hope to find someone on the radidio. south dnr boat launch.

I think we will be there around 7am.
speaking for myself, I'm just riding along with ozzgood2001 and do not know where the heck i'm fishing......hope to find someone on the radidio. south dnr boat launch.

I think we will be there around 7am.
See more
Say when, and I'll show up with a bucket of minnows. Sportsman resort 500' from my front door sells 'em. DNR launch is close to the Rite Aid, right?
Say when, and I'll show up with a bucket of minnows. Sportsman resort 500' from my front door sells 'em. DNR launch is close to the Rite Aid, right?
See more
RJF: Yes, DNR Launch is near the Rite-Aid (Zone 10), across from the high school. It's also were Tip-Up-Town is set up.

Fishfoote: Minnows can be had at "Lyman's on the Lake", (Zone 7) he's also on the south end, further west down M-55.

See map at HL chamber site: http://houghtonlakechamber.com

Good Luck! :D
Originally posted by RJF
See less
RJF: Yes, DNR Launch is near the Rite-Aid (Zone 10), across from the high school. It's also were Tip-Up-Town is set up.

Fishfoote: Minnows can be had at "Lyman's on the Lake", (Zone 7) he's also on the south end, further west down M-55.

See map at HL chamber site: http://houghtonlakechamber.com

Good Luck! :D
Originally posted by RJF
Say when, and I'll show up with a bucket of minnows. Sportsman resort 500' from my front door sells 'em. DNR launch is close to...
See more
You just may be able to talk me into it. Let me see what the boss says, hard to get away just before christmas. But we'll see!....Patch
You just may be able to talk me into it. Let me see what the boss says, hard to get away just before christmas. But we'll see!....Patch
See more
Saturday in the am , sounds like a plan. South end or east-bay access ? I`ll be hauling an ul Frabill. Not sure about bring`n the sportsman yet.May trailer it in case its thick enough??? If someone can give us a heads up on the ice...Thanks.
Saturday in the am , sounds like a plan. South end or east-bay access ? I`ll be hauling an ul Frabill. Not sure about bring`n the sportsman yet.May trailer it in case its thick enough??? If someone can give us a heads up on the ice...Thanks.
See more
well with a few guys we can meet up saturday morning i plan on stopping at lymans for bait then hitting the lake should be near 7-ish lets pick a spot then maybe a local MSer can show us some fish! south dnr launch all good by me someone that knows the lake better could point us to a good staring point. im not bringing my sleds. im walking along with scotty:D
so far:
ozzgood2001
scottyhoover
slowpoke
RJF
garyrodbender
fishfoote
patcheroo maybe
riverboy maybe
well with a few guys we can meet up saturday morning i plan on stopping at lymans for bait then hitting the lake should be near 7-ish lets pick a spot then maybe a local MSer can show us some fish! south dnr launch all good by me someone that knows the lake better could point us to a good staring point. im not bringing my sleds. im walking along with scotty:D
so far:
ozzgood2001
scottyhoover
slowpoke
RJF
garyrodbender
fishfoote
patcheroo maybe
riverboy maybe
See more
call ahead for ice conditions, heard some rumors two guys took a bath at the east bay, and north point on the west side opened up. call some one first lyman's or korbinski's. like i said just heard it today and havn't been down there latey. b.b.
call ahead for ice conditions, heard some rumors two guys took a bath at the east bay, and north point on the west side opened up. call some one first lyman's or korbinski's. like i said just heard it today and havn't been down there latey. b.b.
See more
my plans just changed so I will be there sat. I will get there around 8 so I will give a shout on the radio and see if I can hook up with you guys.

I will probably be alone pullin' my old black sled with my gear, no shanty this time hope to see you out there.
my plans just changed so I will be there sat. I will get there around 8 so I will give a shout on the radio and see if I can hook up with you guys.

I will probably be alone pullin' my old black sled with my gear, no shanty this time hope to see you out there.
See more
Hey Burksee,
Me and a few buds (and a few friends) will be up to Houghton Lake on the 27th (ice permitting) and would like
to hook up with someone who knows the Lake a little better
than us. Were gettin a late start but plan on staying after dark
for some Eyes! Let me know if ya want to hook up and show us how it's done!

Jigster
Hey Burksee,
Me and a few buds (and a few friends) will be up to Houghton Lake on the 27th (ice permitting) and would like
to hook up with someone who knows the Lake a little better
than us. Were gettin a late start but plan on staying after dark
for some Eyes! Let me know if ya want to hook up and show us how it's done!

Jigster
See more
It looks like I will be out there also tomorrow. I keep and ear on channel 8 also. If I get into them, I will give a yell.
It looks like I will be out there also tomorrow. I keep and ear on channel 8 also. If I get into them, I will give a yell.
See more
Sounds great. I'll pull a Fish Trap Guide. Fished the lake for many years, but never on the South side. Look forward to it. 7:00 might be a little early, but I'll shoot for it. Channel 8 on the radio. I'll bring a camera, for posterity (sp).
Sounds great. I'll pull a Fish Trap Guide. Fished the lake for many years, but never on the South side. Look forward to it. 7:00 might be a little early, but I'll shoot for it. Channel 8 on the radio. I'll bring a camera, for posterity (sp).
See more
Where is Houghton Lake? I can come up in the afternoon if you think you'll still be around. This will be my first ice outing ever so I'd like others to be around. I'd leave Waterford at 1pm or so.
Thanks!

hodgesc-DVM
[email protected]
Where is Houghton Lake? I can come up in the afternoon if you think you'll still be around. This will be my first ice outing ever so I'd like others to be around. I'd leave Waterford at 1pm or so.
Thanks!

hodgesc-DVM
[email protected]
See more
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.