Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up there for tip up town weekend......not as many people as I expected!! Got around a foot of snow Friday night!! Had 2 people following me out....Ended up Being Burksee and his daughter....they were having fun sledding in the fresh snow!! Fishing was slow.....all I could muster up was a few small pike....fish have not moved into my hotspot yet...a little early yet...another couple weeks and the feedbag should be on!! Here is a picture from this morning straight out from my cottage! Ice was around 10-12 in.

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
Too bad you didn't a picture of the half submerged snowmobile in front of the river mouth. It was still there when I came of the ice this morning.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't see that!! Got to stay away from that area!! Always warn my son about that location when he goes out Sledding without me tagging along!! I will be back up there next weekend with the mrs. comming along!! I should be up there just about every weekend from now till march 15th.....I always go up with a buddy for the last 10 days of season!!

·
Registered
833 Posts
I was up there this past weekend also. Called a couple of times on Sat and Sun on the radio, but got no answers. Fished the SE corner on Sat and caught 1 smerch, fished out of Lyman's yesterday (Sun) and caught several smerch again. The first perch we did catch, I stood up in the shanty to look in the hole as my partner was reeling in and watched a pike follow the little guy up! Tried to get my rapala in my hole quick, but he took off. No action at all on the tip-ups and I only saw 1 flag the entire time I was out there. Talked to a couple of guys that were fishing next to me and they said that Friday they were killing them. Might have had something to do with all the sleds that were on the lake starting Sat morning. I didn't care though, at least I got up there and got to fish a little, I was starting to get a little stir crazy. Might try it one more time this year, maybe late Feb.

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
HL, sorry to hear about the fishin. Was kinda hopin you'd get into them. We didnt come home til late last night. The weather and riding yesterday was to good to leave! :D

I told my daughter that I bet you felt like you were being stalked! That was too funny! Stealth we're not! :lol: All the red quads out there and we found the right one, at the right time! :lol:

After we left you we made a b-line for the south shore, first time I've done that. Usually we ride the shoreline but Sam said "I gotta go!" and I knew what she meant! :eek: That fluffy stuff was fun riden in! When I mentioned dinner she reminded me about the fireworks @7pm, we rode down and watched those, had a snack and ended up falling asleep in front the warm & toasty fireplace, all by 10pm! :lol:

Saw some dandy fish on the board yesterday at TUT, of course I couldnt get anyone to give up any information! :lol:

On Saturday before we met up with you we had stopped and watched the guys taking there sleds across the open water where Denton Creek comes in near Korbinski's. There musta been 20-30 sleds there! Pretty crazy! Saw two people that didnt make it across. No one got hurt and they pulled the sleds out. Kinda looked like they'd done that before. :coco: :dizzy: I think I'll stick to a boat if I'm going on the soft water! ;)

We'll be back up this coming weekend, maybe we'll see you again! :)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
After seeing these reports I think we will wait and try to make it up next week. Maybe the fishing will be a little better after TUT winds down. We usually fish the south side but I think we are going to give the North/ N. east end a try. Thanks for the reports.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With the Fog that set in...I could hear the fireworks from over there on the other side...but couldn't see them!! Yea Burksee....your daughter must have passed right out after that fun filled day of riding!! Bet she loved it!! Will be back at it again next weekend!!.....man...why couldn't I win the lotto so I could move up there and retire early:confused: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
833 Posts
As far as the movie shoot went. There was a small camera crew walking around the Lyman's shanty area for a while Sun morning. Also heard some of the people that were working on the movie talking at the Holiday Inn on Sat night. Have to watch the damn thing when it comes out now!:lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts