Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright, we got the scoop on this past weekend (20th & 21st) now who's planning on coming up this weekend?

The family and I will be up to the cottage in Prudenville on Friday night (26th) and after a few checks off the "To-Do" list I'm planning on hitting the hard water in the afternoon til a little after dark. depending on the ice I plan on being out (south side) from the DNR launch, or mabey even the ELK's club. I dont know how the ice is out from Lyman's but I'll be stopping there for bait and a update. My radio will be on "8-0" (*FRS Channel 8, Freq./Code 0)

Hope to meet up with some other M-S'ers! :eek:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I will be in St Helen then and will be fishing on St Helen most likely. I'll send you my phone and maybe we can hook up.

Ken

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Burksee

Change the channel to 7...See post on Radio chanell, My frs/gmrs can not do FRS 8...

...Radio Channel

I am thinking about heading up Saturday morning for the day...If I do, I will fish the south shore weedbed. My final decision will be made on Friday when I talk to Lymans

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by TrailFndr
Burksee

Change the channel to 7...See post on Radio chanell, My frs/gmrs can not do FRS 8...

...Radio Channel
TrailFndr, Already read that post and was going to post it here, Thanks! Great minds think alike! I know the weathers not looking good today but the long range for this weeked looks better.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
You know you're coming Lee! Ozzgood and I did our best impression of a blind squirell trying to find a nut last weekend. We need a team attack to get someone a fish dinner. We are thinking of friday or saturday just don't know yet. I'm game for both days. Forecast is cold up there the rest of the week, ice should be just as good as it was last weekend.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Scotty, It was good to meet you guys last week. I will try to get there but I have to do the family thing and I don't know the schedule yet. I may be going friday because that looks like a free day for me.
I will put my radio on 7 also incase annyone else is there. If I do go before you do I will try to give a quick report if I get anything going. see ya on the ice

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
I don't think I can make it this time but you can never tell. If I do I will be on ch 7 code 0, read other post as to why. I will be up the first week-end of the new year. Scotty and ozz, if you don't find any other hot reports I would start where I was, if you can find it, at day break for an hour. If no luck I would move to the east where most of the people was that we saw last week-end. I think I was a little late. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
TrailFndr I know you are all fired up this week, You need to go fishing man!!! see ya on the ice hopefully.

Slowpoke I sure hope we find 'em this time. And good luck to FlyGuy.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Scotty, Yeah I know Bro...I AM planning to give it a go on Saturday, it all depends on the weather. It will be a one day trip, there and back , but I plan on hitting Lymans when they open at 7. Hope to meet up with ya there...

And your RIGHT..I NEED to go FISHING.....

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
im 90% sure ill be there again!! looks like saturday right now

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I'm still going to be on channel 8 on the ice, and I'm still going to use my Garmin 12 to navigate. Hope to see and hear all of you out there. I'll be on Houghton Lake (ice permitting) on the 27th and 28th.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Uncle Al, By switching to Chanell 7, the guys with newer radio's, ( myself included) will be able to hear ya, If I go to 8 on my GMRS I must purchase a license and its not the same as your 8 on the FRS.

they are different frequencies...

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Can't make it. Good luck to you all. I think I will be up there next week-end. There is no safe ice down here that I know of.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Who's going? What time and where? South boat launch? Does anyone know how much snow is on the ice? Need to know which shanty to bring.....Patch

1 - 20 of 50 Posts