Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

21 - 40 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
I am going north thurs, and was hoping to go out at Lymans for some pike spearing. only a couple hundred yards out . I have sent Lymans a couple messages , but haven't heard back yet. ice conditions? thanks
Haven't to Houghton yet,but there were a few people on a lake near by.;)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Was at Houghton all day yesterday. Snowmobiles and shanty haulers everywhere. Maybe 50 fishermen, and 2 idiots who had the whole lake but chose to setup less than 50 feet away because they were interested in spearing. After 3 darkhouse interruptions some language was used to insure they wouldn't return and I had pike at the hole every 20 minutes till around 4:00. Panfish were slow and all dinks, did see a few good walleye in 9 fow and a lot of big bass.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Me and the boy fished Houghton yesterday behind Lymans. 6”-7” of ice, wish we would have brought the quad. Pressure crack about 1/2 - 3/4 mile out, nobody venturing on the other side. Heard a snowmobile went through out by the middle grounds a few days ago. Fished 9 foot of water, 2 pike and small perch all day.

·
Banned
10,812 Posts
Is there a decent access site on East Bay to park and walk out from?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
You can park at Sullivan Beach next to the Pressure Crack Bar, at Trestle Park, at the Marina on County Road 100 I hear they are charging $5.00 to park. Or at the DNR Access further down County Road 100.

·
Registered
351 Posts
There was a state trooper at Trestle park on Christmas who warned me about parking there before 8 am. If you get out early I'd park somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Was at Houghton all day yesterday. Snowmobiles and shanty haulers everywhere. Maybe 50 fishermen, and 2 idiots who had the whole lake but chose to setup less than 50 feet away because they were interested in spearing. After 3 darkhouse interruptions some language was used to insure they wouldn't return and I had pike at the hole every 20 minutes till around 4:00. Panfish were slow and all dinks, did see a few good walleye in 9 fow and a lot of big bass.
wow, at least they did not come back with 50 of their friends

·
Registered
233 Posts
How was the fishing today?
We fished South DNR Launch in the Morning and Trestle park on the evening. 2 tiny perch the whole day. Set tip ups at first spot with no takers. Wasn’t marking much at either spot. Not sure what we’re gunna do today. The report was the same for everyone I talked to while leaving.

21 - 40 of 190 Posts