Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First hand report from Margrethe yesterday was fishing slow and 6-10 inches of ice. Houghton Lake has about the same for ice and were picking up some nice walleyes in the evening. I do not have the exact area of HL or do I know what they were using. All second hand stuff but at least the ice is fishable, unlike Higgins Lake where you need a boat!:sad:

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
woundo said:
Thanks for the report, heading up to Houghton Lake for the first time this weekend. Hope there hitting!
Please post a report when you get back! :)

We were up last weekend and am planning on returning for Tip-Up-Town in two weeks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Fished lake Margarethe on sunday off of eagle point caught 3 perch, had 1 flag on the tip-up. Saw a couple keeper walleye caght on tip-ups. Good ice 6-8". On the way home monday we fished Houghton lk. at the boat lanch just east of Lymans. Caught a hammer handle and a nice bass right at dark. Lots of hammer handles being caught didnt see any keepers, heard they were getting some walleye further out.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
#1Duck dad and i went up saturday morning fishing was slow on Margrethe we were in the west bay. Also saw alot of keeper walleyes but no takers. you going out this weekend.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I live buy lake Margarethe and the fishing stinks. I have fished this lake for 20 years. with good results. The last 2 years I can catch a lot of walleye but the size is very small not legal fish.12"-13". I have fished Houghton lake with good sucess 3-4 Walleye's a trip they have have been running around 21-23

1 - 6 of 6 Posts