Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shooting my 25-06 for afew years now and recently started reloading. I have quite afew books on reloading, but I was wondering if anyone out there has a "pet load" for this caliber. I only hunt Whitetails with this gun, but the area of the UP I hunt does allow me to reach out. By reach out mean 250 to 300 yards. Any suggestions? Thanks. FRANK

·
Registered
6,610 Posts
Bonz 54 said:
I have been shooting my 25-06 for afew years now and recently started reloading. I have quite afew books on reloading, but I was wondering if anyone out there has a "pet load" for this caliber. I only hunt Whitetails with this gun, but the area of the UP I hunt does allow me to reach out. By reach out mean 250 to 300 yards. Any suggestions? Thanks. FRANK
I have had great luck with the Federal factory loaded Vital shok 117 Sierra Gameking boattail soft point. If hand loading the Hornady 117 BTSP # 2552 is a great bullet. Youll have to try powders to see what works best in your gun. The distances we can shoot in Grayling are about 400-500 but dont see many that far.
Just did a bunch of 75gr Sierra HP for the PD shoot in Montana this coming Spring.
Nice that the 30-06 brass can be so easily converted to 25-06. Its a great caliber for sure.

·
Registered
173 Posts
We use the same hornday bullet for the 25-06 that my nephew took hunting this year. Works great on the deer we have shot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts