Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
started at the delray launch at 6:00am . went to ol' faithful mill 3 fish first 2 drifts. never lrft that run 2 hrs. later 3 man limit [15fish].thought for sure it would be a mad house but not to bad. water clarity 2 ft. or so im sure it varied other spots. Same old stuff as far as jigs 1/2 with gulp minn. u could of used a gummie worm as bait there not to shy right now. p.s. sombodys gonna have anice suprise whene thy hook my $250.st.croix cobo that got yanked in @#$#%%^^@@#%^% son of a @#[email protected]%^&%&#&:banghead3 :banghead3 :banghead3 :banghead3 :banghead3

·
Registered
838 Posts
jim sasser said:
p.s. sombodys gonna have anice suprise whene thy hook my $250.st.croix cobo that got yanked in @#$#%%^^@@#%^% son of a @#[email protected]%^&%&#&:banghead3 :banghead3 :banghead3 :banghead3 :banghead3
That river must have a taste for St. Croix's. I dropped my landing net Friday trying to net a fish, lunged too far over the side of the bow platform trying to grab it and nearly fell in, lost my balance and dropped my St. Croix into the drink. Fortunately, I caught my balance, grabbed the net out of the water, and netted the rod and reel before it sank too far.

Good thing the guys in the boat drifting near me didn't have a video camera (although I did land the fish).

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats a good one but a far happyer:D ending than my story:help: . but hopfully the new rod floats i purchesed will work. 8in peice of styrofoam like material with two velcro straps to hold it on.$10. vs $250. thats an easy one. as far as catching the rod like yours ,it was like slow motion, i also went for the net but my buddie decided to put 150lbs of jig,hooks and the kitchen sink on the damn thing. honest to god i almost went in after it. lord help me.........:tdo12:

·
Registered
838 Posts
You're absolutely right about the slow motion. My only thought during what seemed like forever was "How am I going to get back in my boat after I fall in?"

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
jim sasser said:
started at the delray launch at 6:00am . went to ol' faithful mill 3 fish first 2 drifts. never lrft that run 2 hrs. later 3 man limit [15fish].thought for sure it would be a mad house but not to bad. water clarity 2 ft. or so im sure it varied other spots. Same old stuff as far as jigs 1/2 with gulp minn. u could of used a gummie worm as bait there not to shy right now. p.s. sombodys gonna have anice suprise whene thy hook my $250.st.croix cobo that got yanked in @#$#%%^^@@#%^% son of a @#[email protected]%^&%&#&:banghead3 :banghead3 :banghead3 :banghead3 :banghead3
where is delray launch?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
delray is just down from the old river side launch Mr.william which is by the ammbasitor[not spelled even close] bridge.From I-75 south to livernois head twoards the water hang a right and around 1/2 mile or so on the left. can't miss it .it's the launch just north of belenger park. NOW I GOTTA KILL YA:evilsmile LOL......

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
jim sasser said:
delray is just down from the old river side launch Mr.william which is by the ammbasitor[not spelled even close] bridge.From I-75 south to livernois head twoards the water hang a right and around 1/2 mile or so on the left. can't miss it .it's the launch just north of belenger park. NOW I GOTTA KILL YA:evilsmile LOL......

LOL!!! That was a good report dude good fishing!:corkysm55

1 - 8 of 8 Posts