Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my name is chris schumann i am a freshmen at hope college. i am playing football here and am also a big hunter. i was wondering if anyone has or knows anyone around the holland area such as a farmer or etc. who would like to let a newbi to the area bowhunt on say an edge of a woods that looks out a farm feild or just in the woods. i could previde my own bait if needed thanks it would greatly be appreciated you can reach me on her or Email [email protected] thank you very much hope to hear from some of you soon

·
Registered
235 Posts
Getting land around Holland is hard. There are some open land that you can go to as well as a huge state land area not to far away in Allegan. I live in Holland. You can pm if you want to know more.
GW

·
Registered
9 Posts
I live in Holland and its hard to find land, but if I hear of anything I will let you know. Good luck in football. What position do you play?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Check out campus clubs, see if they have an outdoors club that has hunting/fishing, or if there is a campus club that involves hunting. One of the students at the university I work for started a hunting club and created a facebook site for the club. You can probably find faculty and staff that hunt as well. Take time to develop relationships with people in the university, you might be suprised at what that tough as nails math or english prof that you think you can't stand does in his or her spare time....

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i play running back and o on the previde thing i wrote this after a hard football practice and was tired as hell you think i would be going to hope if i was stupid but i am going to have to check on that campus thing and would a reel hunter waste the time to write all this stuff lol but thanks guys for all your information

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Chris,

Welcome to the Forum. Just to the south of Holland is the Allegan State Game Area. There are really good areas to hunt there. Some areas get hunted hard while others do not. The key is plenty of scouting or contacts that know the area and can set you up. I'd recommend asking your teammates about private property and see what developes. Good luck.

Mark

·
Banned
3,432 Posts
start talking to anyone and everyone. It is amazing how much you can get out of talking and sharing. Maybe someone know's a farmer who need some help around the far or so on

Jut talk to anyone that you come in contact with

Good luck and stay positive

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya thanks guys i am talking to everyone and seeing wats up any other oppurtunity comes up let me no

thanks
chris

·
Registered
798 Posts
Just a little advice before you start your classes at Hope.....

Spell check is your friend!! :D

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
o ya where are ur guys spots that are close and far and i thought id let ya know that i never tell ppl the area where i am hunting so your secret is sage wiht me

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
Not trying to be a jerk but your posts are very difficult to read with your alternative spellings like (ur = your), (ppl=people), (o ya = oh yeah). Also you would do yourself some good to use a spell check. I'm not trying to be the spelling nazi or suggest we don't all misspell words but your posts are laden with spelling errors making them difficult to read.
Presentation, and how you present yourself, is important whether in person or in writing. I'd imagine you'd get much better responses to your posts if written better. Just my opinion.

o ya where are ur guys spots that are close and far and i thought id let ya know that i never tell ppl the area where i am hunting so your secret is sage wiht me

·
Super Moderator
4,275 Posts
You will find football, classes,chicks and sleeping you will not have much free time !!! But, good luck....

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, it is internet talk. It is alot faster to typer rather then doing it the right way. I think i could find time to go hunting if i find a spot. Well i know i can because i love hunting also is there any good ice fishing in the Holland area?

Chris

1 - 19 of 19 Posts