Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Just to play Devil's advocate I'll answer:
The bass was legally caught. Any legally caught game fish can be used as bait (I think that's correct, except trout). Therefore your bait(bass) was used to catch the pike.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to play Devil's advocate I'll answer:
The bass was legally caught. Any legally caught game fish can be used as bait (I think that's correct, except trout). Therefore your bait(bass) was used to catch the pike.
The first part sounds plausible, but the pike wasn't legally hooked. In fact, the pike never touched the hook... I'm just wondering...

·
Hunter gatherer
8,763 Posts
The first part sounds plausible, but the pike wasn't legally hooked. In fact, the pike never touched the hook... I'm just wondering...
Casting sections of shredded nylon clothesline have been used for Gars for years, no hooks. I'd think it was OK.

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
I am picturing this. Bass was caught with the hook. Pike was either grabbing the bass or followed it to the net ? Without more info I would say the Pike was not legally caught.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am picturing this. Bass was caught with the hook. Pike was either grabbing the bass or followed it to the net ? Without more info I would say the Pike was not legally caught.
Yeah, the bass was fair hooked when the pike latched on to it, and both were netted at the boat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts