Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'm looking for a Big Red, but was wondering why so much $$$ for the one you have?? I'm not trying to be a smart a$$ here.

Some of the guys I spoke with say $1200.00 is way out of the ball park.
I'm ready to deal if we can get together on a fair price. ;)

Thanks in advance.

Bob______

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
'cause he's PROUD of it ! :D :eek: :rolleyes: :cool:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
That BIG RED is worth every bit of 1200.00 bucks. They go on Ebay for that and more all the time. For one thing they are a collectors item and another a lot of people are looking for them. Its just a matter of contacting one. I would have to say to the owner not to budge an inch on that price.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Skeeter, thanks for your commentary and words of wisdom.
:eek: :eek:

But I thought I was addressing my question to the owner of the machine. And as far as Ebay is concerned, you can't be serious, LMAO. Ebay is a joke and you know it!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Your upset only because you might have to dig deeper. Those price books you go by are also a joke when you were trying to deal with me remember? I got the money right here, drop your price, yours price is to high according to..., If you can't afford it for the asking price drop it. Don't tell someone their price is to high especially on the forums. They set the price they feel it is worth. How you and your buddies feel about his price is your own problem. Is my commentary and words of wisdom any different than yours? You sound like a wheelin dealer, big spender IMHO!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Skeeter,

I can see that this conversation could get ugly!
Lets just end it here as your comments are not worth my time or a reply. Have a nice day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just thought this might be of some help...I sold a big red 86' about 4.5 years ago in great condition and then there was still a blue book for the machine and it was only $800.My machine ended up selling for $650.00.Those machines were great int there times,but that was 20 years ago.This is now you can purchase a few year old quad for just little more.May want to research on posting price if really considering selling machine.Not trying to make anyone angry here just trying to be realistic.20 years is a long time on a machine.As far as it being a collector item on ebay I'm not so sure of that.They were discontinued from sale on the market for a reason:mad:

·
Registered
419 Posts
whooooeeee.......is it gettin' hot in here or is it just me ?? :confused:

·
Registered
513 Posts
$1200 is about right. the price of used bikes have skyrocketed. ive seen the same listings on ebay also. if the bike is in good shape he will have no problem selling it. probally have a line of people waiting to buy it. up here in the u.p. if you ran a ad in the newspaper your phone would ring offf the hook. had a buddy sell a 85 big red that was in mint cond. for $1800.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hi Mike, (Gotcha)

I guess your right Mike :D . They should only know ;)

Its amazing to me, a Big Red in good condition was sold on this site last Sunday for $300.00. I just missed it, I had sent the seller a PM but got there too late.

Bowman2k04 hit the nail right on the head with his balanced comments.

Oh well, there are plenty more out there, no big deal.

Give me a call Mike (Muskey Classic)

Bob______

·
Premium Member
29,745 Posts
Welcome to site lonegunman, first of all, and hope you have good luck using this board. Hope no one spooked ya off on your first post, these guys really do get along good on here:eek: :p Hope you have luck in doing business, and speak up if need be.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Mike,

Its a three wheeler

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hi Lonegunman,

A day late - maybe, a dollar short - never ;

Walleye Mike, A Big Red is a Honda 3 wheeler. They were the Cadilac of the 3 wheelers in their day.

Bob_____

·
Administrator
26,862 Posts
I have a Honda ATC 200. How is the Big Red different. Bought mine 6years ago for $500. No reverse or electric start. But it runs great.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Hey mike. I think the only diffrence is the big red was a 250cc and had the floatation tires.
When I was a kid we had one. Even came with a front ski. They where great in there day.

Hey lonegunman. It might be worth the $1200 to a collector if it is in really good shape and you can find someone who collects them.
Little high for someone who wants to use it for icefishing, hunting or everyday use when For a few hundred more If you look really good you can get a good older 4x4.

Good luck lonegunman and baitrunner.

chad1

1 - 20 of 33 Posts