Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
I’ve been seeing a lot of threads lately on making jigs. Does anyone make their own spinnerbaits? I love burning spinnerbaits over weed beds, chugging them deep, letting them helicopter down edges and slow rolling them in muddy water. Spring is my favorite time to use these lures. Below are some of the ones I made over winter. They are 3/8 to 1/2oz. I used acrylic paint with 3D eyes and two coats of Devcon 2 ton 30min epoxy for an extra hard shinny finish. The blades I use are made of brass/lacquer and bright nickel. I like making my own because they are cheaper then what I would pay in stores and I get exactly what I want. Sorry about the pictures being poor. Does any one else on this forum make your own spinnerbaits or any other type lures?

There is also nothing like catching a fish on a lure you made.

·
Registered
11,984 Posts
Great job those look very nice. I have never made my own but there are some I just can't find at the store anymore. How much per lure do you estimate it costs you to make these?

·
Premium Member
5,544 Posts
Nice.

Nice time you make some up take a few pics along the way and post a DIY thread.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
icefishermanmark said:
how do they run? And where do you get the head and arm shafts at?
Mark,
They run great. Just like any spinnerbait you have to make sure that the arm coming out of the head is between 35 and 45 degrees from the hook so the body will run horizontal in the water. I get some of the bare led heads from Stamina products and you can find people that will poor the lead for you cheap. Wire forms you can get from Stamina, Jahns Netcraft and even Cabelas I think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.