Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
I love ice fishing but I think I would have to pass if that was the case. Or at least my run and gun method would be out the door.

I would hate to finially drill a hole and then realize that you drilled it over a sandbar that is only 8 feet deep. Now with only 1 foot of water:D :D

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
That would only be good after a long night of whisky drinkin.....you know when your 10ft tall and bullet proof......:D

·
Registered
181 Posts
I only place that would have a use would be in the NWT when they have 6-8 feet of ice on some of the lakes. That is still overkill for that.

·
Registered
176 Posts
That auger is a little more than i could handle. And if the ice was really that thick. I'd would probably give up fishing for the winter. Would be tired after one hole.

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,449 Posts
BiG T00L fer a BiG HoLe!!!

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
"ha, ha, ha,......and to think my bro' is bringing his SPUD to save weight ! , he's gonna love this !" :D

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
what i hated is me and a buddy walked about a half a mile to a fishing spot that was suposed to be good the ice was a foot and a half thick and i had a hand held auger i drilled two holes for the shanny and then when we got the shanny over the wholes we could see bottem so we had to pack up and move deeper and drill more holes i would get a power auger but its is two late too maybe the bass pro will have one for cheap in the summer...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts