Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just mounted a red dot scope last night on my buckmark, now the question is...how do you carry this thing in the woods? I liked having it on my hip while hunting because it is just comfortable and convenient. Anyone have any ideas? Do you just suck it up and carry it the entire time? See ya fellas!

·
Registered
610 Posts
I tried all the gun holsters for my ruger 44 blackhawk with scope and found none that i was comfortable with. Last year for nine bucks I got a holster at meijers that is made for cordless screw guns. It works great as a side holster for my scoped ruger 44.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
According to the on-line manual:

"Each click of the adjustment changes the bullet strike at a shooting distance of 100 yards by the amound indicated on the windage and elevation screw dial plates. "

With a 5MOA red dot, the dot would cover roughly 5" at 100 yards. With a "1" on the screw, each click should move the POI 1" @ 100 yards.

Because the dot covers such a large area at 100yds, a 1/4" adjustment would be negligible.

Keep us posted on how that scope works out. I have a Ruger MarkII that I was thinking about putting a scope on. Bad part is its, the dang thing is so accurate with the open sights I almost feel like I'd be wasting money.:D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rupestris said:
According to the on-line manual:

"Each click of the adjustment changes the bullet strike at a shooting distance of 100 yards by the amound indicated on the windage and elevation screw dial plates. "

With a 5MOA red dot, the dot would cover roughly 5" at 100 yards. With a "1" on the screw, each click should move the POI 1" @ 100 yards.

Because the dot covers such a large area at 100yds, a 1/4" adjustment would be negligible.

Keep us posted on how that scope works out. I have a Ruger MarkII that I was thinking about putting a scope on. Bad part is its, the dang thing is so accurate with the open sights I almost feel like I'd be wasting money.:D
Well thats the thing. Check out the picture I posted above, there is no 1" on the dial , it is just a zero. That is why I am confused!

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
My mistake. Thats an "L" , not a "1" :bonk:

In that case, I'm as confused as you are.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Trumphdog: I have the Ruger Super Redhawk with a Leopold Scope mounted on it. I hunt deer with it and have scored twice with it. I have a Bandoler Holster that goes over my shoulder and hangs on the opposite side I shoot with. It works just fine and is on the outside as i hunt.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a buckmark with a red dot scope. I bought an Uncle Mike's holster and cut part of it out so the gun would fit with the scope. It is made of black nylon. Hope this hepls.

scoe

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks fellas, acutally I was able to figure something out. BUT, does anyone know about the adjustments on the scope!? AHHHHHH! :bash:

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
Triumphdog said:
Thanks fellas, acutally I was able to figure something out. BUT, does anyone know about the adjustments on the scope!? AHHHHHH! :bash:
It's probably friction adjust...meaning each time you move the adjustment left or right, it's a not a single click for every 1", but instead it's just a guess. Go to the range, shoot it and play with it and you'll figure it out soon enough. Many scopes used to use friction, some still do. For a dot the size you have, friction adjustment will work just fine. The lines on the adjustment turret are mearly for referance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts