Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a half day off work and decided to get the boat wet. Hit the water around 2 and had lines wet by 3. Started in 50 FOW and Trolled out to 160 FOW. Fished from 20 to 80 down with every spoon I had, green and white flies, and I even through on an in-line spinner in deperation of catching a fish. Fished until dark. No luck. Not many boats.

Heard some chatter out of Port Sheldon, but most people were reporting slow fishing. Two guys at the launch had similar results.

I would have to say that the fish have not started stacking up yet...or the more discuraging angle is that I (we) could not catch them.

·
Super Moderator
10,562 Posts
Don't be too discouraged. Many of the mature fish that were around have entered the channel and river. The cool water has the fish in the top 40 fow, 60 early, then out to 140 fow I've been told. Sounds slow for most except the half hour after the sun goes down. 1-3 fish per trip with smaller salmon, and the steelies should start to show up in some numbers soon. I was out at the Holland pierheads Monday pm and there was no fish except in Mac and the channel. Same at Port Sheldon last night. Heard the walleyes were stacked in the channel at dark Wed, but we shined the area last night and could not locate the school.

Thanks for the report.

Tim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts