Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a long day of fishing in the holland area..

started last night with some eye fishing (10pm) the pier was full on both sides with many people. I headed to the channel and jigged the first drop off for about an hour with one hit.

I had some house work to do so I headed home without seeing much happen in the channel.

I took the afternoon off work and headed back to the pier in search of fish in general.

I jigged from the bend to the lake mac end with only one hit on a 1/2 oz hopkins silver/ORG.

If anyone has fished the holland channel before you all know of the wood pylon on the north east end of the channel.

I started jiggin in the hole between that and the channel and no more then my second jig i hooked up.

15 min. later 17# carp in the net. it was hooked in the mouth and a great fight. (came on ORG. and siver again)

I worked around that corner for 2 hours this afternoon catching 2 more carp and once 9.5 # sheepie.

Overall i went 4-???? I had a bunch of hits and 2 break offs due to the pylon.

Father in law showed up and hooked into a few as well.

If your looking to get yourself or some youngsters into fish with nice weather check it out. its a riot.

·
Premium Member
10,566 Posts
I hear you on the pylon thing, been there done that.:lol:

Stopped by the other night for eyes and north and south piers were packed. Saw none caught on either pier, but I did not stay long.

Tulip Time going on in Holland, just a reminder, as it will be a circus near town the next couple weeks.:dizzy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts