Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great weekend. Just got home. Been Joneses for phone and some internet service. Met a lot of great MS members in Muskegon Saturday at the tourney. Hit lake Charlevoix Saturday night and caught a few eyes off the dock. Headed north to the Saint Marys River just south of Sault Ste Marie Sunday. Seen lots of eyes on the graph, but couldn't hook-up with any. Caught a lot of perch. Had several over 12" The first one we caught, I thought it was an eye. I had never seen perch that big. We did catch a few small eyes on the perch rigs. Sorry to those of you that called and left messages. I turned my cell phone off. Couldn't afford the Canadian charges per minute. Other than breaking a blade on my prop on a rock and getting the downriggers vandalized and raining most of Sunday and Monday, it was a great trip.

·
Premium Member
29,761 Posts
Glad things worked out for you the rest of your trip:). Sounds like a great time. And any info you care to pm on those hog perch would be great.:D:lol:

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No seceret on the perch. Pretty simple really. We were on the St Marys just SE of Sault Ste Marie at Greens resort in Barbeau. First time I ever used a perch rig. Kinda cheatin if you ask me. We were pulling doubles more often than not. I had my phone off because I didn't want to pay Canadian prices. But my sister has some pictures on her camera. They are still up there and doing even better.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Good job quad. Sorry to hear your rigger problem. That blows. Some people should just be removed from gene pool. :banghead:

Sent from my Desire HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Wtg man. Sounds like the trip ended better than it began. How did the dry ice cooler hold up?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts