Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I said a couple of years ago that I wouldn't complain about the minnows and the prices there. After all, it's the only place close to me where I can get minnows and was thankful to have them.

Live and learn I guess.......

I went in today and scooped what I felt was a fair dozen perch sized minnows. The cashier rang me for $6.34. Shaking my head as walked out I got into the truck and actually counted 16 minnows. I also realized that they neglected to give me a receipt to certify them VHS free.

I took them back and asked for my money back. After getting bad gas twice a couple of years ago at two different Holiday locations in my boat that required me to pump it out and do a seafoam regamine, I'd say I'm pretty much done with them. Their fountain pop is also the worst brix I've ever tasted...flat right out of the fountain.

From now on I will gladly drive the 32 mile round trip to get decent minnows that aren't all mixed together in the tanks for a fair price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That sounds about right. In gaylord we had three dealers. Holiday stopped because of some food prep law they said. That left 2. The other two jumped on the chance to raise prices comparable to what your price was. People stopped going to the worse offender and now he is out of buisness. So what did the 3rd guy do? Well, he learned a hard lesson in free market. He jacked his prices WAY up because he was the only game in town. Now he is out of business, and i have to drive 20 miles to get minnows if i fish near gaylord. I solved that by just not fishing gaylord.

·
Happy Yooper
801 Posts
JEEZ JJ MAC, you make me feel like I'm giving my minnows away :lol: Sounds like the next time you're up for a visit, you might want to load up on minnows before your trip back down below da bridge, eh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts