Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing a little research...

What liquor(s) or liqueur(s) do you purchase solely in anticipation of the holidays and, how much of any do you buy? Examples:

Crown?

Baileys?

Kahlua?

RumChata?

Cheers!~

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Doing a little research...

What liquor(s) or liqueur(s) do you purchase solely in anticipation of the holidays and, how much of any do you buy? Examples:

Crown?

Baileys?

Kahlua?

RumChata?

Cheers!~
Differing brands of bourbon, depending on what strikes my fancy, can afford, and what is available. Picked up a bottle of Basil Hayden dark rye the other day. My wife usually picks me up some type of gift set for Christmas. Oh course, the old stand by; Wild Turkey 101 or Rare Breed if I can find it.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'm partial to Crown myself. It's normally what I buy. I don't drink a lot, a bottle lasts me a couple months. I usually pick up a bottle specifically for the holidays, most of my buddies are rum 'n coke guys and the girls are wine drinkers.

·
Woods and Water Rat
20,201 Posts
A bottle of good white wine, like a Chardonnay, for making morel mushrooms in a cream sauce, to go with a prime rib roast.....if I am out.

Wine, like beer is mostly, is for cooking. So it'll be around until I have made enough cream sauces, shrimp scampi, or use it up for hydrating my dried morels. A little dab'll do ya~!

·
Banned
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A couple cases of pbr, and a few 6packs of specialty beers.

The wife wants some lemon cello.

Bottle of jack or some bourbon.
Your wife has excellent taste preferences.

How about Baileys or Kahlua or RumChata?

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
I like to buy Crown for special occasions, like I have a pulse LOL!
Also just discovered Rum Chata, great stuff! Bought one Crown and a coupla Rum Chatas...

·
Registered
8,204 Posts
Probably not the answer you're looking for, but I'm no longer able to drink, so I'll have to go with "none of the above"..... Cheers to those of you that are able to partake!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
I know exactly how it is. My doctor put the kibosh on my drinking, but when the kids come home from up north the boy always brings me one of those little airline sized bottles of something or other, and my annual cigar too. At some time the two of us will retreat out to the pole barn for a smoke and a snort, and I'm good until next year.

·
Registered
18,281 Posts
Egg Nog for my holiday(s).
Crown for a friend. A reserve for myself ,for emergencies or medicinal purposes should a snow snake bite be encountered.
I'd have to look at another's gift...Cider whiskey maybe.
Another= Tequila.

After the holidays , a bottle of my oldest, best self brewed and vintage wine will meet it's destiny and place in history.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Asbach Uralt brandy, always

Whiskey, probably a Michigan made, New Holland or TC whiskey co.

1 5th each.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Vodka that's in stock, beer in several choices, she likes her wine collection. Nothing special, just what we usually have on hand. Not fans of whiskey world.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts