Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
18,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Early yesterday evening the Bay was looking so nice that I had to head out and wet a couple lines. The number of monster bass out there is just shocking! I had 5 bass that would have weighed in at over 20 pounds! The smallest of the 5 was about 3.5 pounds, the largest just a bit over 5 pounds, with the other 3 being 4 pounders.
It seems like the average fish out there just keep getting larger and larger every year. Does anyone have a clue what kind of 5 bass limits are being turned in for tournaments this year?
<----<<<

·
Administrator
18,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was North of Salt River, out to Goulet Point fishing the weed beds and that drop off.
<----<<<

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Nice catch Joe!

There is a BFL tournament this weekend on St Clair, and I would anticipate that the winning limit will be 21-22 lbs. Lot's of big fish this spring and summer so far.

I lost a personal best on Monday. 23-24" fish, for sure 6-7 lbs. I have caught, measured, and weighed dozens of fish above 21" so I have a good idea of size. I caught a 22" 5-9 this spring, and the fish I lost Monday was much bigger. All I wanted was a picture, oh well!

·
Administrator
18,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Joe, glad to see the bass are still hammering. I need to get out and fish bass again this year.:lol:
I just like when you reply so I can drool over your avitar! Any idea on the name of that woman volleyball player? :corkysm55
<----<<<

·
Registered
402 Posts
Joe,
I was down at the FLW weighin in July and there were a few 20+ Lb one day limits brought in.
I believe they set a one day FLW record on the first or second day for most Lbs in one day. Don

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Great action there, Joe!

It's been a little while since I've targeted bass, since they seemed to cool off a bit, work has gottem mad busy, and the muskies have at last started to get in the swing of things.

Did you get them using the same lures and techniques as earlier in the year?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.