Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

hodenpyle dam?

998 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  reddog719
Heading up there 1st week of june with my son to camp and fish. Any tips regarding bait,tackle,lures to bring would be appreciated.:)
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
pm...wally Eye SFW 1960 or Whit1 any of the 3 should be able to hep you as to best chances!
Kind of tough to give you some tips without knowing exactly what species of fish you want to target.

If you have never fished this body of water before I highly suggest you purchase a good map of the lake as there are numerous areas in the pond that will reach up and grab you........stumps, ones you can see and others you can't see and lots of other areas of shallow water..........a good map of the pond will show you those areas.

We have always had good luck for pike using crank baits around the stumps and weed beds. Bass can be anywhere in the pond. You can also target them using cranks or plastics worked around weed areas.

There are also large crappies in the pond. Target them with minnows under a bobber. Also other pan fish can be found around weed edges, worms under a bobber work well.........

Walleyes are numerous in the pond although it can be tough to locate them at times, jigs with minnows or crawlers work IF you find them............

As I said in the beginning a LAKE MAP is highly recommended. Some of the stumps are marked although a lot aren't..

Good luck...............
outfitter said:
Heading up there 1st week of june with my son to camp and fish. Any tips regarding bait,tackle,lures to bring would be appreciated.:)
Y E A H ........
When we going again Dan???

:corkysm55:corkysm55:corkysm55:corkysm55
Thanks for the info Wally-eye. Someone told me to bring lots of crawlers. Would like to catch walleyes, but anything that gave are lines a tug would be
fun.:fish:
A jig and a crawler is hard to beat for eyes although you will also pick up just about every fish in the pond with that method. They all like crawlers.

Bring "lots" of jigs if you do as the bottom is trashy BUT that is also where the fish are usually holding.
I always used a crawler harness tied my own and drifted. after you drift the pond you will see why I tied my own, there's things in there that will reach out and grab your tackle and never let it go. And as previously said be careful I have seen more than one boat screwed up by the trees in there. you dont get anywhere fast on that lake. Good luck
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.