Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had experience with one of these? Was wondering how well they work. Thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
Bird Hitch works great if you need the birds dressed for transport. I have used it for out-of-state hunts for ducks, snows, & Canadas. It's most uselful in that order too.

Not happy with the hitch riser, though, very flimsy.

If you're looking for it as an at-home tool, get out the knife and breast them out- which you still have to do later after using the Bird Hitch.

·
Registered
177 Posts
We have the bird hitch, don't use it much in MI, When we go to Canada and SD
It's great for ducks and blues & snows. Big Canadians it doesn't work.
We are going to buy this one from Rogers sporting goods.
"Wild Wing Slinger" is slickest way to breast out ducks, any sized geese, Sandhill Cranes, or other fowl that we have ever came across.

By law a wing has to be attached to the meat in order to transport the cleaned bird’s home from your hunting trips. This is the only bird cleaner that will easily clean Canada Geese or Sandhill Cranes.

No other cleaner will do this with such ease.

It comes with:

"Wild Wing Slinger" bird cleaner,
Bench mounting bracket
Receiver hitch attachment.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I've got one i'll sell you only been used 5 times. The price is $90.00 plus shipping. It doesn't work on large canadas. I cleaned 23 canadas one day this year and was slap wore out after. My arms felt like I had been at the gym lifting for 3 hours. I used it for ducks and it works GREAT! Giant honkers is another story. Just to damn tough in the breast and rib area.
Smoke

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've got one i'll sell you only been used 5 times. The price is $90.00 plus shipping. It doesn't work on large canadas. I cleaned 23 canadas one day this year and was slap wore out after. My arms felt like I had been at the gym lifting for 3 hours. I used it for ducks and it works GREAT! Giant honkers is another story. Just to damn tough in the breast and rib area.
Smoke
lol I couldn't agree more. It is terrible for Giant Canadas but awesome for everything else!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Don't use it after you've been drinking and go slow...you'll take your frickin' hand right off if you aren't careful, especially on birds with busted wings.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Don't use it after you've been drinking and go slow...you'll take your frickin' hand right off if you aren't careful, especially on birds with busted wings.
Are you speaking from experience Clark? :rolleyes: :lol:
S

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
They just made a new one for canadas
Ricky,
Does it come with an electric over hydraulic cylinder to pull those bee otches thru there? I'm not kidding you, I was sweating, like sweat dripping off my nose cleaning that pile of giants! :lol:

Took me 3 ice cold beers to replenish myself after that ordeal! All I could do after was sit there enjoying my cold refreshment and laugh telling myself; Never again on these canadas!
s

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
One of the guys in our Manitoba crew made a hitch mounted cleaner based on measurements he took of one on display at a sporting goods store. It worked great for us on everything: ducks, snows, and canadas. Everything from the smallest teal to full sized canadas were easily breasted out with fully feathered wings attached. We've never used a commercial model, so I can't speak to how they work, but the one we had worked great. We had one 86 bird day (76 snows, 5 ducks and 5 canadas), and it took less than an hour and a half to clean them all.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Ricky,
Does it come with an electric over hydraulic cylinder to pull those bee otches thru there? I'm not kidding you, I was sweating, like sweat dripping off my nose cleaning that pile of giants! :lol:

Took me 3 ice cold beers to replenish myself after that ordeal! All I could do after was sit there enjoying my cold refreshment and laugh telling myself; Never again on these canadas!
s

So let me get this right, you're complaining about something giving you an excuse to drink beer? :lol:

Here ya go brother

1 - 13 of 13 Posts