Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Around Sept 1st I purchased my license at Novi Gander. Long story short, the clerk never asked me the HIP survey questions. When I asked her about it, she said they fudge the #'s to keep the line moving - there wasn't anyone behind me. I was peeved.
Today, I decided to email the DNR. If you have ever done this, you know it takes up to 20 days to get a response. Within 4 hours I had recieved an email detailing how DNR called the store manager, he was scolded and reminded about the importantce of the HIP. The manager said he would make sure it doesn't happen again.
We can't expect someone to care more about something than we do.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Way to follow through.
I remember your original post - I was pretty frustrated over it.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
For the second year my buddy bought his lic at Walmart. They asked all the questions, but didnt give him the HIP endorsement on the lic. I reminded him its the law and he got the free HIP endorsement at the store today. The clerk couldnt beleive there was no charge for that, made him leave name and phone nr incase he needed to come back and pay.
Its too easy to do online and print your own license (including an extra copy for the glovebox incase you loose your orig.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts