Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad just called and wants to drive Hillman, Mi. Seems he found a house and land for sale,,,,, Three bedroom,1 and 1/2 bath, living room, dining, and family room, with a basement and attached garage,+ a 5000 sq.ft pole barn, all sitting on 14 acres. option on adjoining 26 acres available. asking price is 74,900. Altho its thru a friend, seems kinda cheap any one familar with prices in this area

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
land around hillman is pretty cheap. sits in the middle of the tb zone, not much for good jobs in the area. some areas are still pretty good hunting, as good as it gets up here anyways.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Sure are some very nice people around Hillman though! Nice area, nice people, few deer, but used to be pretty good. I expect someday the deer hunting will return to the area. Good luck.

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
Ya a lot of my family is in and around the Hillman area (from before it was Hillman). Not much there but TB infected deer, and not many of them at that. I feel the same way that some day it i going to be great once the TB is gone.

Some nice fishing lakes and rivers within a reasonable drive.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hillman and Curran area are home to some of the largest deer clubs in the State, some with thousands of acres each. The semi loads of sugar beet days being dumped in the middle of these vast properties are hopefully a thing of the past.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Banditto said:
Ya a lot of my family is in and around the Hillman area (from before it was Hillman). Not much there but TB infected deer, and not many of them at that. I feel the same way that some day it i going to be great once the TB is gone.

Some nice fishing lakes and rivers within a reasonable drive.
I am from Rogers City, 99% of the deer in that are do not have TB.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am originally from Metz, MI.....20 minutes from hillman. Land is cheap, good deer numbers, and TB being the reason someone wouldn't hunt there is a JOKE.

Casey

·
Registered
5 Posts
grandparents lived in hillman for years. We also have property along 32. Great area. Trails, lakes, fishing and hunting. Just wish they would stop with the TB thing. No one I know from the area has gotten one that is infected yet. Lots of wetlands and swamps east of town.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I hunt woodcock and grouse northwest of town. We do very good. Deer hunting sucks (but it does in most of northern MI). With the way thing are going now (job wise) land up north is going to crash! It's already started. Wait till the end of next year that land will be 20k cheaper (IMHO).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts