Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of guys at smeltville. Not hearing much though. I did not bother to fish this weekend, the ice is still pretty thin with quite a bit of slush/snow on top. Only saw a few snow machines and quads out.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Thats my shanty and 6 wheeler on the far left of the pic. Not a lot of smelt in the shanty town. I went passed the group about 100 yards and the vex went nuts. Marked a lot of fish but they weren't bitting that good. Lots of slush and snow when you get passed the shanty town.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Fishing was slow this weekend, especially Sunday-something about an east wind. Lakers, perch everything was slow in biting on Sunday. I did hear a report of a coupleguys getting 35 smelt on Friday somewhere in Smeltville, they are there but have just begun to bite. Smelt should be going gangbusters around the 21st of Feb :D . Which is probably true but it just so happens to be the date of Winterfest 2004 and $1500 ice fishing contest too!

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Higgins this weekend was "decent", but tough.

Friday three lakers.

Saturday night 4 guys about 70 smelt-you've got to lift the bait for them to bite-they were all over the water column in smeltville...lights help.

Sunday did OK on the perch in the short time we fished, had to sort a lot though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts