Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Just playin with ya...ice is getting closer though!! Houghton lake is fishable, but some spots are not safe yet.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Smelt fishing!!! That's no joke. I can't wait for those little silver guys through the ice. I have gotten a few first ice but good smelt fishing won't start till late Feb. anyway. How is the ice right now?

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Some good eating thats for sure!!!!........Mack

·
Registered
592 Posts
When I was up at higgins last monday there was about 30 yards of shore ice on the east side of the south end of the lake. It will probably be a few weeks yet before its fishable depending on the weather.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
Looking at the satellite pics, it looks like the south end is frozen with snow on top, and lots of shelf ice around the rest of the lake.

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,321 Posts
Looking at the satellite pics, it looks like the south end is frozen with snow on top, and lots of shelf ice around the rest of the lake.
:confused:
I missed that LINK Ian!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
That was cold, really cold :lol:...................Patch

·
Registered
2 Posts
where do you get such up to date and detialed satellite pics of the higgins lake ice shelf?

btw, the south basin has been frozen over since thursday, and a snowmobile was runing up the east shore of the north basin a couple of hours ago!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
went to the post office and stopped by the west launchand the whole northend was froze to the island, just skim ice but its a start. bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts