Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

higgings info

638 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  beer and nuts 
#1 ·
Loooking for ice report for the west side of Higgins.

flydunker

#2 ·
I was at the West side lauch this past Saturday evening, There was about 4 inches of ice out about 150 yards or so. I talked to the guy in the bait shop and he said that a group of guys made it out to 60 feet of water off the lauch and found 4 inches of ice. There is a good 4-5 inches on the south west side. The ice is VERY spotty use EXTREME caution, as the lake just seized up last week! Make sure you bring your spud or auger and check frequently! Its been cold all week so we should finally have our ice for the year, lets hope we dont get another warm up like it was a few weeks ago. The lake does have a lot of snow on it. So please beware. good luck fishing. Will definatley be fishing on this weekend! Might try and venture out off from the north state park to see if I can get close enough to some laker water. Would like to be able to reach 100ft. Good luck, tight lines and be safe!

#3 ·
Deep water ice is spotty at best-be very careful everywhere. West end-smeltville grounds is being fished for perch(small as usual) but have not heard any smelt reports. South side in the sw corner has shanties-no fish reports, and also on the north end on the sw corner there are a few shanties. No atv or snowmobile travel, be carefull the temps are for 45 on Friday and it has not been cold enough at night to make any real difference on making more ice because of the snow on top.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.