Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased some Hi vis fireline last year for jigging. I was disappointed on how fast that it faded. Was wondering if this is the norm. Also is the same result to be expected from the powerpro hi vis line.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Power pro loses its vibrant color but it stay yellow for sure have some a couple years old still very yellow power pro is some good stuff.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
I use my Hi Vis yellow for at at least two seasons and usually by season three it's closer to white than yellow!

Marty

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
The same Hi-Vis yellow power pro that I've had on spools for the pass 7 years is faded yellow but can still see it good. I'll be putting some fresh stuff on this season since I'm starting to see the mono backing on the spool.

·
Super Moderator
35,237 Posts
Power pro is good line if you can put up with the terrible sound it makes thru the guides. Its like nails on a chalkboard to me. For some reason nobody ever recommends spider wire stealth, but I like it and its half the price of PP (plus there are rebates), much quieter and to me performs the same. Never tried anything but green though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts