Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in Michigan to recharge, then off to the East side (waaaay eastside - atlantic time zone +1 an hour) thursday.

Oregon was a great time, but probably like here... diminishing returns. tore up the geese good over the weekend with snow and wind conditions, then tore up the ducks mon (14 - 2 man limit, 9 were widgies) & tuesday (11). then... it started rolling downhill from there.

50's, no wind and lotsa sun for the rest of the week. never got skunked, but had plenty of just 4-5 bird hunts (that's really weak for out here).

sounds like things headed south (pun intended) here even without the weather! :p

I'd post some pics, but i forgot the camera at home to load 'em up. if I have time tomorrow, I'll get 'em on here before I take off.

BTW: the zip tie trick was hilarious as was the $1.00 rubber snake in the boot trick. What a pansy! :evil:

the set up was all but teed up for me. slipped it into his field boot after we got into our hippers for a duck hunt. while guarding the dekes out there, he starts talking about all the snakes he ran into working on the rivers this past summer. I ask him if he ever gets any around the house, ever see 'em in the garage (where his boots are)... "yep, every once in a while you'll get a good one in there".

get back after the hunt, he slips the hip boots off and goes to put his other boot on, feels something odd in there, reaches in and pulls out a snake and.... :tdo12: AAAAAH! and he shakes his hand like he just grabbed a hot pan, flinging the snake to the wall.

frickin.... HILARIOUS!!!

I act all innocent, asking; "what was that? you OK? Teresa (his wife). she's so funny" (the redirect) - didn't work though.

and he also swears that he has to have the firing pin looked at on the SBE. first shot didn't go off three times that week. - It'll hit him at some point. :evilsmile

so far, the retribution has been weak. the best he could muster was the cinching down of the bib straps and resizing the hat trick - pretty poor showing!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hey..... no fair..... two trips in 3 weeks, man how do I get a job like that :confused: Have fun in the place my ancestors were kicked out of..... :sad::rant: Benedict Arnold.......

·
Registered
10,938 Posts
I say next year a Dragons Breath shotshell slipped in Numero Uno.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Sounds like a nice trip Russ. Glad you got into a few birds. Cant beat those Wigeon, one of my favs, if not my favorite duck as well. They sure are purdy....And they decoy so well.:evil:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
...and Senor Cottontop eats as good as he looks too.
It has been NG. Stale educated birds.

I have one more hunt, then hang up the gun and wax my board, it's FINALLY coming.

Go to Accuweather and check the temps for Dec. 10:(

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey..... no fair..... two trips in 3 weeks, man how do I get a job like that :confused: .......
You get two friends on either end of the continent that put you up for a week each. You just buy a license and turn in your FFlyer miles and don't take anytime off until the season starts.

Easy! :p

(I've always said I'm very fortunate - even more so now. we're going to try for Eiders in New Brunswick this time out!)

BTW: that goose band that I thought was real, thought it was fake, then thought it's real again... was real. very cool band off a very, very old bird. '89

·
Registered
571 Posts
Have fun man, we'll tear down the..... errr.....hold down the fort here for a little while longer......

OK, NO TALKIN SEAGULLS GUYS!!!!!

Glad you didn't take my ex-lax in the coffee thing then, since it was all real and stuff......:yikes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts