Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year and a half ago, I applied to get a service dog. After a few months, I got a call to set up my personal interview. In March, I went down for my interview, and a few weeks later, I was accepted and put on the waiting list for a dog. I applied with Canine Companions for Independence which is a fantastic non-profit organization that provides service dogs to those in need at NO CHARGE!

I spent two weeks in Columbus, OH training and graduated on Friday. I got home Friday evening with my new sweetheart and shadow for hopefully the next ten years.

Presenting, Georgia! A beautiful two-year-old female Yellow Lab. She has changed my life already.

View media item 122383View media item 122389View media item 122387View media item 122385View media item 122391

·
Premium Member
30,297 Posts
About a year and a half ago, I applied to get a service dog. After a few months, I got a call to set up my personal interview. In March, I went down for my interview, and a few weeks later, I was accepted and put on the waiting list for a dog. I applied with Canine Companions for Independence which is a fantastic non-profit organization that provides service dogs to those in need at NO CHARGE!

I spent two weeks in Columbus, OH training and graduated on Friday. I got home Friday evening with my new sweetheart and shadow for hopefully the next ten years.

Presenting, Georgia! A beautiful two-year-old female Yellow Lab. She has changed my life already.

View media item 122383View media item 122389View media item 122387View media item 122385View media item 122391
Beautiful girl. You better stock up on Milk Bones for her.

·
Hunter gatherer
8,761 Posts
Hello John,
Good to hear from you and the welcomed update.
Sweet lookin' girl there.
My youngest son is in the old homestead down there a few blocks away and has a perfect match...although he's fixed....still a party boy though,:D
12728762_10208226210106786_3817941303867472721_n.jpg

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
So Sorry for Your Loss, John. Congratulations on getting Georgia !

Reactions: jpollman

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
That's great news, glad to hear it. Sorry about your loss, that sucks. Hope all is well otherwise, and know there are lots on here for ya.

·
Banned
6,739 Posts
She is beautiful. As others said, great to hear from you j! ...and condolences to you.

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
Great to hear from you John. Wonderful looking dog and my condolences on your family losses.

·
Super Moderator
11,732 Posts
Howdy, John-
Great to hear from you; even better to hear a bit of positive news!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts