Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ann Arbor Gauge has been over 550 for 2 days wondering if it made it down there yet? And after tonight should be good to go were supposed to get rain snow sleet ,meteors and maybe even a planet and global warming is gonna kick in and the temps are supposed to come up.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I drive over the river in Ann Arbor a few times a day near the park where the water gauge is at, without looking at the actual data online I can tell you that the water has been up a bit for a few days, I think because of some of the snowmelt we have had north of Ann Arbor when we had the rain the other night... Usually I see the river go up, and then down as they release water form barton and argo ponds, but this time the water has stayed up consistently now for about 4-5 days, so that is a good sign for the lower I think... MDNR, I may be hitting the river on Tuesday morning if you are interested...pm me. So far I think I am going solo unless you want to come along.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I'm stuck in the middle. I ice fish but want to try this steelhead fishing too. So either way is sucks for both right now. :16suspect

·
Banned
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's way to early to call the fall steelhead season over. And that Ice will be there when I'm done for the year. Once you have to dodge ice barges down the river it's time to wrap it up til spring.

·
Super Moderator
37,503 Posts
Rain in moderate quantities is your friend, especially this time of year. The higher water entices more fish to move up. The stain in the water makes them less wary. The increased water temperature make the entire biomass more active.

·
Super Moderator
37,503 Posts
Oh doh- I missed the ICE part. Must have been a Freudian eyeball slip. :lol:
Forget the ice, bring on the rain!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts