Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some homemade spoons I just finished. Most are on new stinger blanks I painted, a few are on older spoons I pealed the tape off of because they were horrible color combinations. The orange tape is different than the other tapes. It's a little thicker and much more reflective.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
those be some decent lookin spoons Beave. Add some green tape to those mother of pearl spoons and that could be real hot.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The spoons look good Beave when are you going to try them?. I was just going thru e-bay looking for some blank spoons. There was nothing blank but lots of other spoons real cheap. How are you painting the spoons? Are you using cans of paint or by brushing it on?

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I get home I'll PM you a link. There's a place in Canada that has the best prices on blanks. They're pretty much the same price as everywhere else but in Canadian dollars. After the exchange rate they're like 60 cents a piece.

To paint I used regular can of neon spray paint, then put a final coat of lacquer on over the tape and everything.

To prepare the blanks for painting there are pretty much two methods:

1) Very light sand blasting. You can follow up with a coat of primer if you want.

2) Soak them in vinegar for 20 minutes. The vinegar should take enough of the finish off paint will stick. The downside to this method is you have to paint both sides.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts