Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just joined the forum, please excuse any "rookie" behavior! I am looking to find some credible informaiton on the progress of the hex hatch in the pigeon river area? Are flies coming off yet?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pigeon's not known for much of a hex hatch. Fished upper Black last weekend a few Ephemera in evening and smaller ? BWOs. Pigeon and Black water was in good shape. Local storm effected the Sturgeon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pigeon is usually 7-10 days behind the au sable, it sounds like it got going good on the au sable this weekend which would put the pigeon at about early next week. Early next week is also calling for storms Mon, Tues, which could make things tricky to time out. Gonna have to pack the tent, get up there and spend 5 days to see what happens. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just got back today, the fish before the rain were keying in on Caddis. Did see some small Sulphurs. Tryed to fish the Upper Black last night but she was running a foot high with a bad stain!

·
Registered
815 Posts
I just spent a week on the Sturgeon and Pigeon. (17th thru 23rd) then Grayling 23rd thru 25th. Saw no Hex on the Pigeon or Strugeon but tons of Drakes Stones BWO's Caddis and unbelievably Tricos on The west branch of Sturgeon. Evenings were good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I too just came back from fishing the pigeon, 24-27th, hex every night, no fish to feed on them, really poor showing of fish, all small (12's or less) if anything was even feeding at all. I don't know what to think, water was good, weather great, hatch was rockin'......no fish.

·
Registered
815 Posts
thats weird area i was in had alot of fish mostly small as well but feeding on top mostly all were 10" and under bows plus the few creek chubs mixed in

1 - 7 of 7 Posts