Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bait is getting hit pretty good, lots of pics, the last pic I got was all blurry, then i found out, it didn't take pics anymore. here's a pic from before they tried to eat it. Got the camera fixed.

·
Registered
322 Posts
A buddy and I made a cover for the camera to make it theft resistant and bear proof. It is pretty easy to make just get a piece of 8x4 tubing about a foot and cut out a square where the flash and camera point. Weld a lid on top on drill a hole on each side on bottom and put a bar through them this is where you put the camera in and out. Weld a chain on 1 end with a hook on the other. Put a lock on the bar and chain if you want. I wish I had pics but made it several years ago.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeh, I have it framed in angle iron, I had it on a small uneven tree, and a bear was able to get his lower jaw behind it, and put a few canine marks in the fensel lens, and poped it lose, then he put a lot of hot air into it, well the board doesn't take to that moist air, All's well now. would like to put a small cage over the motion lens to keep something like that from happening.

friend was telling me how they used to gage bears before the trail cameras, brought in play sand, and spread it around the bait.
Glad I have the camera.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts