Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all you cyber scouters out there. Ive seen some real D-bag posts, about you guys trying to find out where the birds are. Get with it no one on here is going to tell you. WE ARE HIP TO YOUR GAME. So forget it!!! If you ask where the birds are, prepared to get hammered. I, myself am sick and tired of reading these Douche bag posts. Do some work and find out where the birds are, then when you find out, come here and let everyone know. THen you'll find out why no one will tell you. Ever wonder why you dont read much about Pt. Mouillee? Bunch of wise hunters that are hip to your game. Thats why!! Theres alot of competition out there so get off your duff and go find some frickin birds!!! Enough already.:rant:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hey man maybe people ask because they have had a couple trips of little or no birds and also they might not be able to get out or be out and want to increase there odds of getting some. No one is asking for specific area's.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just read a post about a guy just asked a guy where hes seen the birds. Why dont you let him know where you go. Then tell me how you feel tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The guy asked "Hey lawn boy im looking for fresh birds somewhere in michigan . can you tell me what part of michigan youre seeing all the birds ?thanks" part of michigan lawn boy could have said a county, up lower loer pennisula. I'm not saying asking people for there area is right but if you tell some your spot thats your fault.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I can see your point your frusrated cause people want to ask where the birds are instead of trying to find them but for myself football just got over last week had almost zero time to do any hunting games friday night to sore or tired to hunt saturday morning. and sunday we had a work out and film all I'm trying to say is I appriciate all the help I have been given by the guys on this site because I have little time to be in the woods this time of year and not being a great bird hunter yet I need help.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
The guy asked "Hey lawn boy im looking for fresh birds somewhere in michigan . can you tell me what part of michigan youre seeing all the birds ?thanks" part of michigan lawn boy could have said a county, up lower loer pennisula. I'm not saying asking people for there area is right but if you tell some your spot thats your fault.
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can see your point your frusrated cause people want to ask where the birds are instead of trying to find them but for myself football just got over last week had almost zero time to do any hunting games friday night to sore or tired to hunt saturday morning. and sunday we had a work out and film all I'm trying to say is I appriciate all the help I have been given by the guys on this site because I have little time to be in the woods this time of year and not being a great bird hunter yet I need help.

I understand. There are many honest guys that just want to shake the tree. Lately though I have been reading some real hairbrained, posts asking about where the birds are. Now Today I stood in the marsh in the rain for 7 hours it was miserable. i would hate to think that a guy sat and watched Michigan football today only to get on here and find out where the birds are for tomorrow, only to show up and get the first pick of the drawing, Know what I mean? Its aggrevating and I know that alot of it is just lack of motivation on behalf of alot(but not all) cyber scouters.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Another great point a couple of buddies and I were hunting a area thats next to a private lake an older gentlemen of my friends family has been seeing a couple nice bucks the pass couple days well around 1030 and only seeing two spooked does we had enough of that and then decided to go and duck hunt the lake we were outside from sun up to sun set. I totaly agree if your inside not doing anything but want to know where animals are that is just ridiculous. But if your trying and still havent seen much alittle help hasn;t ever killed anyone.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another great point a couple of buddies and I were hunting a area thats next to a private lake an older gentlemen of my friends family has been seeing a couple nice bucks the pass couple days well around 1030 and only seeing two spooked does we had enough of that and then decided to go and duck hunt the lake we were outside from sun up to sun set. I totaly agree if your inside not doing anything but want to know where animals are that is just ridiculous. But if your trying and still havent seen much alittle help hasn;t ever killed anyone.
I will totally agree with that. And also if its guys on here that post regularly or have a few posts to their credentials, I understand.

·
Registered
115 Posts
heres my problem. i have a cottage right on sand point in caseville. guess what cant get time to go up there why because i have to work to jobs to make up for the one i got laid off from. second ive been on st clair three times this year nothing to show for it. third got up this morning one hour before work to take a look at the lake. went to selfrige and brandenberg seen total of 4 ducks. thats why guys are asking if anyone is seeing anything just dont have the time.

·
Banned
5,597 Posts
Between school and work I am busy about 60 hrs a week, with a new wife and son on top of that. I don't have time like I used to, but I still don't ask people where the ducks are. Like I said before, I use previous seasons, weather conditions, and scout when I can, and I have managed plenty of ducks this year. If a little less time was spent on the computer, and in the field instead, this wouldn't be an issue. If people still complain about not having enough time, find a new hobby. Or maybe you should have chosen a different career. I know I have no free time, but when I'm done with college, that will be a different story. Why? Because I chose a career to allow myself time to hunt and spend with the family.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Cant there be a reports page that is only accesible to registerd memebers
with a certain number of posts. That will mostly solve this problem

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Here's how I interpreted the post that has everybody in an uproar:
"what part of MI are you seeing birds?"
Your possible answers:
a)UP
His thought - Birds will be here in a week or so
b)Northern LP
His thought - birds might be here in a day or so
c)Lower LP
His thought - There here, but I'm not seeing them. I need a new spot.

Sometimes people are just looking for a little confirmation from others about if they are seeing the same things (I'm not seeing anything, but no one else is either - they must not be here yet). And it can also be a roundabout way of asking if they are doing anything wrong - (Dude, I'm seeing them in Mid-Michigan. They are here by the thousands! (Crap - I'm in Mid-Mi, I better get to scouting!)) Seriously - Some people need to step away from the computer for a minute and take a breath.

·
Registered
186 Posts
To preface, I have never been attacked by these "know it alls" but I am sticking up for those who have. I have seen way to many "punks" on here this year with a holier than thou attitude who need a "beat down". They like to attack those who they perceive as "dumber, lazier, smellier, whatever" than them over many topics but this issue and the other I mention below are the latest and nastiest I have seen. The respect for others is at an all time low it seems.

I am sick and tired of you obnoxious (especially young) guys who act all righteous just because someone asks for some help. You REALLY have a problem. Your mommas didn't smack your butts as kids and now you think you are ALL THAT!! If you don't like it then don't answer or quit coming here. I am sure you wouldn't be talking to people like this in person. Just because you are unemployed or work a seasonal job thus have extensive time to hunt does not make you a superior, harder working, etc hunter that you think you are.

I have been duck hunting for almost 30 years, have been a waterfowl guide, can call and shoot with the best of them (well the shooting has its moments), and know this sport inside and out (but there is always something new to learn) but god forbid if I ask if anyone is seeing birds on this forum, according to you I am a worthless lazy SOB hunter. I would never act as smug as some of you do, its a joke. Most of us with limited time or other obligations and need to make a choice would rather not waste that time and gas driving to the bay or wherever if there is nothing flying. No one is asking for your honey hole, just generalizations, get over yourselves.

If you really were as smart as you think you are you would answer every question with great negative details. This would keep many hunters out of all YOUR PERSONAL hunting areas.

Equally insufferable are you guys who mock those who quote the partial myth of bright legged migrators. There is some truth to it but not necessarily related to southern migration. They are USUALLY migrators ( but not necessarily from the "north") to the area in question that has been devoid/short of birds, and the color is real due to the time of year and age of bird. The myth is believed by so many because they have fresh birds who come into their area in prime plummage late in the season, thus some truth but reasons sometimes misunderstood.

"In reality, the brightly colored feet and bills of mallards and other ducks are caused by changes in hormone levels during late fall and winter while the birds are pairing. The feet of both male and female mallards turn bright orange—almost red—in December and January as they go through courtship and pairing. Heavier adult mallards typically develop breeding plumage and display brightly colored feet earlier than younger, lighter birds, giving rise to the mistaken belief that “redlegs” are a different race or subpopulation of larger mallards."

But instead of checking the facts you viciously promote your own mythical anti-myth O(no such thing as red legged migrators) because it makes you feel better about yourself, its a low self esteem problem.

Contrary to your own opinions, you are not hunting gods, just jerks who would never be offered a seat in my blind........

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.