Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the deer ranches are exempt form all DNR rules....does that mean that the high fenced operation that caused this mess CAN still use bait?? Most of these ranches in Michigan use bait...are they exempt from this rule??

I bet they can bait!! (Pretty ironic)

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
I can't say I know for sure but I would say yes because they are not baiting wild/public deer. They are feeding their own privately owned animals which they have always done. The bait is also in a fenced enclosure. Can't say I can see much difference in them baiting their own deer verses a farmer feeding his cattle. Only difference is the law has certain requirements on fencing.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How else they going to feed those deer? I'm sure that there are more deer in the enclosures then the land can support.

sounds like they have too many deer?? Could cause health problems??? Could get deer that are not from Michigan??? Could screw our deer herd??? BUT THEY ARE EXEMPT FROM ALL RULES:yikes: just does not seem right!!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Well you also have to thank the morons that pay that kind of money to keep these operations running by buying hunts. I say boycott all of them not that anyone on this site frequents those facilities.

·
Registered
36,747 Posts
There is no need to boycott them; you can't transport live or dead deer from a captive head in the lower. Why go to one and shoot of those expensive deer if you have to leave them there? But then again I don't hunt enclosures so I just don't get it anyhow. :confused:

·
Banned
7,550 Posts
There is no need to boycott them; you can't transport live or dead deer from a captive head in the lower. Why go to one and shoot of those expensive deer if you have to leave them there? But then again I don't hunt enclosures so I just don't get it anyhow. :confused:
they want the head not the meat...they will mount it there on site if necessary..There is a lot of money from these big bucks and they will not be going away anytime soon...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts