Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Duce. I can't say enough about this dog.
He is the best rabbit dog I have ever seen.

I have been looking for a dog like him for 15 yrs.

He is 2 1/2. I hope to spend many more years in the woods with this boy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's a real good looking pup. Did you get all the rabbits just over him? You would have had some great days hunting snowshoes 25 years ago on Beaver Island. I saw 4 tall plastic garbage pails filled to the top at Wojans motel as the island was over run with them. If memory serves me correctly there wasn't a closed season at the time on the island.

I'm really more of a bird dog guy. But, I have some good memories rabbit hunting as a kid over a brace of a friends beagles. That was a lot of fun!!! I really enjoyed it during light snow listening to the dogs and hoping the rabbits would pop out on my side of the pines.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Robert,

I have a 2 1/2 year old male that looks just like him. Here is a link to his ped. Wondering if Duce is similar breeding?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
That's a nice looking dog Rob. I'm sure you've seen a ton of dogs, and if he's the best one you've seen....he's got to be awesome. Do you plan on doing any breeding with him?

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
Would have to see him in person and in the field to make a good judgement:)

·
Banned
7,550 Posts
Wow,I have hunted rabbits in December about25-28 years ago on Beaver Island and it was a blast. We also use to bow hunt there when I was about 12-13 years old. God I feel old now :confused:

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glen,

No he is out of differant breeding.
I'll put his pedigree up tomarrow.

H333,
I knew you would say that;)

Timber,
Yes I have seen alot and owned a ton of them.
He is something speacial.
I hope someday I can make another one just like him.
I'm working hard to do just that.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Robert, Nice pics! Glad you have a hound you really enjoy taking to the field. It's real hard to find a good one & looks like you succeeded!!:D Have a great season.Make sure your batteries are good to go in his collar!!!!

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah LOL:D

I was just telling my buddy the other day you know when you have a good one when you check the tracking collar everytime you turn loose.;)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Robert, I know what ya mean!It never fails that the day you forget to check his collar something bad is bound to happen. On the other hand some of these dogs could be turned loose in the next state & cross 3 major interstates & end up on your front porch by morning.:eek: Safe & sound.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts