Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Weather.com says 1-2" of rain for my property. We need it but I hope we dont get it all at once like the last storm a few weeks ago that flooded parts of my food plots.

·
Registered
36,700 Posts
I'll take whatever rain we get. 9/10th of an inch in August on top of very little rain in late July has my plots suffering. September is almost always our monsoon season so I'll take it when I can get it.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
This has been the best rain I've seen in a long time. We got only .5" over 2 showers in August and everything was browning up. It started raining here in No Ill about 6 this am and have gotten about an inch so far. The best part "no wind" so far in my area. I planted wheat and some more rape on Tuesday so this is great. At this rate we might get 1.5" before its over. Hope you guys are as lucky.

Tim

·
Registered
110 Posts
Beautiful all day soaker! Man I love hurricanes!!!:yikes: Looks like Kent and Montcalm counties will end up with a couple inches. The food plots will explode and there electric green color will fill the Michigan countryside.

·
Premium Member
4,483 Posts
We are planting our plots on Saturday or Sunday of this weekend.

They are predicting rain Sunday through Tuesday and then Thursday through the following Saturday. That means if we plant on Saturday we could get rain 6 of the next 8 days.

Hopefully they are nice soakers and not downpours. One of our spots is a bit low and if we get too much rain it could be an issue.

·
Administrator
36,081 Posts
I'll take whatever I can get in the sandy spongy soil I have. It was so dried out at the end of August, it will take a LOT of rain to saturate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts